- Posts: 187
- Thank you received: 10
Loosing widgets in dashboard
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #178986
by zebrafilm
Loosing widgets in dashboard was created by zebrafilm
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4. bizz
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
I keep loosing a lot of work because of the setup in the dashboard;
Usually I make a lot of table widgets with totals , per day, week, month year etc. When I edit a widget and add a line and click OK it shows the totals. I forget to click save (Or time out) I loose the whole widget.
Normally you would expect to lose the last line or so but this happens to many time and it is a lot of work to redo those things. For me it would make sense not to completely loose a whole widget with lots of tables records in it.
Can you please have a look at this and consider making this more bullet proof?
Thanks, Bastiaan
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
I keep loosing a lot of work because of the setup in the dashboard;
Usually I make a lot of table widgets with totals , per day, week, month year etc. When I edit a widget and add a line and click OK it shows the totals. I forget to click save (Or time out) I loose the whole widget.
Normally you would expect to lose the last line or so but this happens to many time and it is a lot of work to redo those things. For me it would make sense not to completely loose a whole widget with lots of tables records in it.
Can you please have a look at this and consider making this more bullet proof?
Thanks, Bastiaan
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by zebrafilm.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179071
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Loosing widgets in dashboard
Hi,
The main problem is that the widget system could not be improved like that.
I already talk about that with Nicolas and due to some limitations (like the integration features ; with HikaMarket for example), the best will be to make a new system. I started to work on elements for the HikaMarket statistics but for the moment I did not find a good way to propose an edition interface.
But I can create a ticket in the issue tracker about the edition trouble you got.
Maybe Xavier or Nicolas would be able to take a look and find some ideas to improve the system.
Regards,
The main problem is that the widget system could not be improved like that.
I already talk about that with Nicolas and due to some limitations (like the integration features ; with HikaMarket for example), the best will be to make a new system. I started to work on elements for the HikaMarket statistics but for the moment I did not find a good way to propose an edition interface.
But I can create a ticket in the issue tracker about the edition trouble you got.
Maybe Xavier or Nicolas would be able to take a look and find some ideas to improve the system.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds