- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #179553
by PeterChain
Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing was created by PeterChain
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
I have a product listing module attached to a category listing menu.
Everything works fine. It shows pagination buttons. it shows pictures, prices, ADD TO CART BUTTON, no stock text...
everything is a perfect world.
But there is no way to make a NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE button show.
It shows if I setup in Configuration - Features - Waitlist to show for all products. But if I put under per product basis no matter what I do with a certain product, it never shows.
My test product has Waitlist activated and quantity set to 0. No arrival date set.
I'm testing with a Customer logged in.
Any clue where to start checking?
UPDATE:
Add to cart button shows for those products available, and No stock message shows for no available.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
I have a product listing module attached to a category listing menu.
Everything works fine. It shows pagination buttons. it shows pictures, prices, ADD TO CART BUTTON, no stock text...
everything is a perfect world.
But there is no way to make a NOTIFY ME WHEN AVAILABLE button show.
It shows if I setup in Configuration - Features - Waitlist to show for all products. But if I put under per product basis no matter what I do with a certain product, it never shows.
My test product has Waitlist activated and quantity set to 0. No arrival date set.
I'm testing with a Customer logged in.
Any clue where to start checking?
UPDATE:
Add to cart button shows for those products available, and No stock message shows for no available.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by PeterChain.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179573
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Hi,
Please edit the view "product / quantity" and replace:
By:
Please edit the view "product / quantity" and replace:
Code:
if(hikashop_level(1) && ($waitlist==2 || ($waitlist==1 && (!empty($this->element->main->product_waitlist) || !empty($this->element->product_waitlist))))){ ?>
Code:
if(hikashop_level(1) && ($waitlist==2 || ($waitlist==1 && (!empty($this->row->main->product_waitlist) || !empty($this->row->product_waitlist))))){ ?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
11 years 10 months ago #179636
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Great, it works perfectly, I understand this is a bug going to be fixed in next release, right?
And I have a question / request:
When I click on the "Notify me button" I get out of the product list to land in a specific Form to confirm the notify request. Can this screen be a popup?
It would be more clear in terms of user experience and then after confirming would get back to the product list, otherwise I get a "click here" button to get back to the product view (not the product list where I clicked the waitlist button) and is worse because I want my clients to ask notification right from product list and not from product view.
And I have a question / request:
When I click on the "Notify me button" I get out of the product list to land in a specific Form to confirm the notify request. Can this screen be a popup?
It would be more clear in terms of user experience and then after confirming would get back to the product list, otherwise I get a "click here" button to get back to the product view (not the product list where I clicked the waitlist button) and is worse because I want my clients to ask notification right from product list and not from product view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179655
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Hi,
1. Yes, it will be added in next version of HikaShop.
2. That would require custom development. You can contact our partners for a quote request on that:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
1. Yes, it will be added in next version of HikaShop.
2. That would require custom development. You can contact our partners for a quote request on that:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 6 months ago #194793
by cberry1971
Replied by cberry1971 on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Was this bug fixed?
We are using 2.3.5 (can't upgrade right now to 2.4.0) and it still seems to exist.
Above user was using 2.3.4.
Please advise.
We are using 2.3.5 (can't upgrade right now to 2.4.0) and it still seems to exist.
Above user was using 2.3.4.
Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194800
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Hi,
That fix was included in the 2.3.5 so you must already have it.
However, if you had already customized the file "quantity" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views, or if your template has an override on it, it's normal that you didn't get the fix.
Rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/quantity.php to something else via FTP and that will deactivate the view override and you'll get the fix.
That fix was included in the 2.3.5 so you must already have it.
However, if you had already customized the file "quantity" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views, or if your template has an override on it, it's normal that you didn't get the fix.
Rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/quantity.php to something else via FTP and that will deactivate the view override and you'll get the fix.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
11 years 6 months ago #194864
by cberry1971
Replied by cberry1971 on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
No never changed the file and definitely using 2.3.5.
It works when I change "activate waitlist feature" = "for all products" but when I change back to "on a per product basis" the "notify when available" button disappears (it is turned on on the product).
This is a new bug as it has worked in the past.
It works when I change "activate waitlist feature" = "for all products" but when I change back to "on a per product basis" the "notify when available" button disappears (it is turned on on the product).
This is a new bug as it has worked in the past.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194890
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't get the Waitlist button in product listing
Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce the issue. So there must be something else here.
Are you sure that the template doesn't have a view override as I explained in my previous message ?
Did you check that the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/quantity.php doesn't exist ?
I'm not able to reproduce the issue. So there must be something else here.
Are you sure that the template doesn't have a view override as I explained in my previous message ?
Did you check that the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/quantity.php doesn't exist ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds