- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
Render a widgetkit inside a category description
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 10 months ago #179689
by PeterChain
Render a widgetkit inside a category description was created by PeterChain
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Have a custom field for categories named widgetkit_id
have a category view with an associated module for products (of that category)
I want the template to show data in the description and after to compose a widgetkit gallery by using shortcode formula this way:
echo '[widgetkit id='.$widgetkit_id.']'
What I get rendered is the sentence in text for reading [widgetkit id=1] instead of the widgetkit getting executed as would happen with a Joomla Content Article.
How should I code this?
Ans how should I grab the value of the custom field?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Have a custom field for categories named widgetkit_id
have a category view with an associated module for products (of that category)
I want the template to show data in the description and after to compose a widgetkit gallery by using shortcode formula this way:
echo '[widgetkit id='.$widgetkit_id.']'
What I get rendered is the sentence in text for reading [widgetkit id=1] instead of the widgetkit getting executed as would happen with a Joomla Content Article.
How should I code this?
Ans how should I grab the value of the custom field?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #179697
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Render a widgetkit inside a category description
FOUND IT! SOLVED!
Posting in the hope is useful to somebody. By analyzing the widgekit_content.php plugin file I got the needed code:
This code is to be added in com_hikashop/category/listing.php
and after this conditional
In the case you want the widgetkits to be shown only in the description area display of a category. This will prevent the widgetkit from loading inside modules or areas where no description is allowed to show.
Posting in the hope is useful to somebody. By analyzing the widgekit_content.php plugin file I got the needed code:
Code:
<?php
$widget_id = $this->element->widgekit_id; // RETRIEVES THE VALUE FOR THE WIDGETKIT ID form custom field in category
// load widgetkit
require_once(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_widgetkit/widgetkit.php');
// render output
$output = $widgetkit['widget']->render($widget_id);
$output = ($output === false) ? "Could not load widget with the id $widget_id." : $output;
?>
This code is to be added in com_hikashop/category/listing.php
and after this conditional
Code:
if($this->params->get('show_description',1)&&!empty($this->element->category_description)){
In the case you want the widgetkits to be shown only in the description area display of a category. This will prevent the widgetkit from loading inside modules or areas where no description is allowed to show.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by PeterChain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds