Duplicate Orders when Checking Out
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 9 months ago #184026
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Duplicate Orders when Checking Out was created by Dragon41673
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Over the last month or so, when an order was placed, once in a while there would be a duplicate order, same amount, same shipping, different order & invoice numbers. I've looked & looked, and cannot figure out why this is happening. It doesn't happen with every order...but it has happened a few times and it is screwing up my inventory, causing me to have to go & cancel the orders, and sometimes put the inventory back to what it was prior to the duplicate order being put through.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what could be causing it?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Over the last month or so, when an order was placed, once in a while there would be a duplicate order, same amount, same shipping, different order & invoice numbers. I've looked & looked, and cannot figure out why this is happening. It doesn't happen with every order...but it has happened a few times and it is screwing up my inventory, causing me to have to go & cancel the orders, and sometimes put the inventory back to what it was prior to the duplicate order being put through.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on what could be causing it?
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #184051
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate Orders when Checking Out
Hi,
Are the duplicate orders all confirmed with the corresponding payment ?
If yes, then all I can think of is that the user made the purchase several times.
But if not, and only the last one is confirmed, then it's normal. Only the confirmed orders should be taken into account.
And created orders should be cancelled to restore the stock automatically. There is a plugin to automatically cancel non confirmed orders after a defined period.
Or you can also change the system to update the stock on order confirmation, not order creation.
Are the duplicate orders all confirmed with the corresponding payment ?
If yes, then all I can think of is that the user made the purchase several times.
But if not, and only the last one is confirmed, then it's normal. Only the confirmed orders should be taken into account.
And created orders should be cancelled to restore the stock automatically. There is a plugin to automatically cancel non confirmed orders after a defined period.
Or you can also change the system to update the stock on order confirmation, not order creation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 9 months ago #184065
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Duplicate Orders when Checking Out
Hey Nicolas,
The duplicate orders are usually "created" as I've caught 2 before they were paid for. Once it was paid, only one was "confirmed"...the other stayed "created". I switched the stock removal from created to confirmed once I posted this issue...so now I'm good there.
I'm guessing they are possibly hitting submit too many times, or is this a potential glitch in the shopping cart?
The duplicate orders are usually "created" as I've caught 2 before they were paid for. Once it was paid, only one was "confirmed"...the other stayed "created". I switched the stock removal from created to confirmed once I posted this issue...so now I'm good there.
I'm guessing they are possibly hitting submit too many times, or is this a potential glitch in the shopping cart?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #184121
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Duplicate Orders when Checking Out
So your issue was probably just coming from the fact that the user made the purchase several times and paid for the last order.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
11 years 9 months ago #184149
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Duplicate Orders when Checking Out
I'd like to think so...and I hope that's right, but with it happening a few times over the last month or so only, never before...I was worried that some update might have changed something.
Thanks guys!
Thanks guys!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds