Multilanguage redidect fails
11 years 8 months ago #185894
by Nowweb
Best regards
Brian
Multilanguage redidect fails was created by Nowweb
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
buckfast.web1.mshost.dk/index.php/en/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.4-14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi
I am working on a multilanguage site
When i login in the Customer Account other languge then english it redirect to the English site
I cant find anything in the docs that help me out to stay in the chosen language.
What to do?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.4-14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi
I am working on a multilanguage site
When i login in the Customer Account other languge then english it redirect to the English site
I cant find anything in the docs that help me out to stay in the chosen language.
What to do?
Best regards
Brian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #185936
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multilanguage redidect fails
Hi,
I don't see how this is related to HikaShop.
HikaShop displays itself in the current language.
If you change the current language of the page with the Joomla language switcher, it's joomla which might redirect you to another menu item if the current menu item is set for only one language. So you should look more at how you configured your menu items and the language restrictions you put on them and the other language menu items that you associated with them, etc.
I would personally recommend not to restrict menus to different languages and instead use Falang to translate your menu items. It's a lot easier to handle language switches if you have extensions with several pages per menu item like HikaShop can have.
I don't see how this is related to HikaShop.
HikaShop displays itself in the current language.
If you change the current language of the page with the Joomla language switcher, it's joomla which might redirect you to another menu item if the current menu item is set for only one language. So you should look more at how you configured your menu items and the language restrictions you put on them and the other language menu items that you associated with them, etc.
I would personally recommend not to restrict menus to different languages and instead use Falang to translate your menu items. It's a lot easier to handle language switches if you have extensions with several pages per menu item like HikaShop can have.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185960
by Nowweb
Best regards
Brian
Replied by Nowweb on topic Multilanguage redidect fails
Hi Nicolas
Thanks, I will take a look at Falang and put me in the right direction.
Thanks, I will take a look at Falang and put me in the right direction.
Best regards
Brian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
11 years 5 months ago #199028
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Multilanguage redidect fails
Hi Nowweb,
what is your actual experience with multilanguage site with HikaShop?
I used to use Falang with a Joomla 2.5 site but now building a new project from scratch with latest HikaShop and joomla 3.4.x and wonder if is there another better extension, if you still trust Falang or whatever you think about your experience.
All feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you.
what is your actual experience with multilanguage site with HikaShop?
I used to use Falang with a Joomla 2.5 site but now building a new project from scratch with latest HikaShop and joomla 3.4.x and wonder if is there another better extension, if you still trust Falang or whatever you think about your experience.
All feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds