- Posts: 228
- Thank you received: 8
Product Custom fields Default value not working
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #188490
by theguy
Product Custom fields Default value not working was created by theguy
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
fitin.guywalderonline.com/index.php/he
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I think I might have discovered a bug.
I've created two custom fields for the product table.
The first one has the "Back-end Form" enabled and when I enter data to it in the product page it shows up alright.
The second one has no 'Back-end Form" but I've inserted "Default value" to it. This one won't show up on the fron end. When I enable the 'Back-end Form" and entered text to the field in the product edit screen it showed up fine.
Both are set a WYSIWYG for field type.
I've added them both to my page by editing the show_default.php file of product and added the following code:
I've attached a screenshot of this product page:
fitin.guywalderonline.com/index.php/he/%...ua-benditi-celestino
You can see the first field which has data added in the product page marked with red arrows. That works great. The second field with only default value is marked with the black arrow and it's not showing in the page.
I guess it should work right? Made allot if tests without any luck.
Guy.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hello,
I think I might have discovered a bug.
I've created two custom fields for the product table.
The first one has the "Back-end Form" enabled and when I enter data to it in the product page it shows up alright.
The second one has no 'Back-end Form" but I've inserted "Default value" to it. This one won't show up on the fron end. When I enable the 'Back-end Form" and entered text to the field in the product edit screen it showed up fine.
Both are set a WYSIWYG for field type.
I've added them both to my page by editing the show_default.php file of product and added the following code:
Code:
<span id="hikashop_product_father_details" class="hikashop_product_father_details">
<?php echo $this->element->father_product_details; ?></span>
<span id="hikashop_product_sizes_table" class="hikashop_product_sizes_table">
<?php echo $this->element->sizes_table; ?></span>
I've attached a screenshot of this product page:
fitin.guywalderonline.com/index.php/he/%...ua-benditi-celestino
You can see the first field which has data added in the product page marked with red arrows. That works great. The second field with only default value is marked with the black arrow and it's not showing in the page.
I guess it should work right? Made allot if tests without any luck.
Guy.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by theguy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188514
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Custom fields Default value not working
Hi,
Please give us a screenshot of the custom field settings.
An update can be a good thing
Please give us a screenshot of the custom field settings.
An update can be a good thing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188749
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Product Custom fields Default value not working
Hi Xavier,
Thank you for the quick replay.
I've attached two screenshots:
1. Working father_product_details - This is the working field that gets it's info in the product page.
2. Not working sizes_table - This is the field that has only default value and is not working.
I will try to update the site locally. Do you think it's a bug that was fixed in the next version?Thank you again,
Guy.
Thank you for the quick replay.
I've attached two screenshots:
1. Working father_product_details - This is the working field that gets it's info in the product page.
2. Not working sizes_table - This is the field that has only default value and is not working.
I will try to update the site locally. Do you think it's a bug that was fixed in the next version?Thank you again,
Guy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #188750
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product Custom fields Default value not working
Hi,
Your issue is link to the setting "input filtering".
Please check the documentation for more details about this setting.
Regards,
Your issue is link to the setting "input filtering".
Please check the documentation for more details about this setting.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189296
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Product Custom fields Default value not working
Hi Jerome,
Read all about it and managed to more or less solve the issue.
It was not related to the "input filtering" as the text was not filtered, it was just absent.
I then noticed that the filed got added to products I've created but only to the products that were creates after the creation of the custom field.
I eventually hard coded the item I wished to add in show_default.php file. That did the trick
Thank you for your kind help.
Read all about it and managed to more or less solve the issue.
It was not related to the "input filtering" as the text was not filtered, it was just absent.
I then noticed that the filed got added to products I've created but only to the products that were creates after the creation of the custom field.
I eventually hard coded the item I wished to add in show_default.php file. That did the trick
Thank you for your kind help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds