- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 1
Custom field type ITEM price
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #189451
by Saren_p
Custom field type ITEM price was created by Saren_p
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.X
Hello,
I recently upgraded to Business edition from Essentials under the assumption that I can use custom fields of type "item". This works great but how can I set the price for each custom item?
I want the user to select from a checkmark type item field, each value having it's own price. Think toppings for pizza restaurant, the donation plugin wont achieve what I want.
Thank you.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.X
Hello,
I recently upgraded to Business edition from Essentials under the assumption that I can use custom fields of type "item". This works great but how can I set the price for each custom item?
I want the user to select from a checkmark type item field, each value having it's own price. Think toppings for pizza restaurant, the donation plugin wont achieve what I want.
Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Saren_p.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189486
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi,
I think you want to use product options instead of custom item fields.
The documentation will help you greatly: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
I think you want to use product options instead of custom item fields.
The documentation will help you greatly: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #189488
by Saren_p
Replied by Saren_p on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Thank you for the response.
I'm already using product options to select the pizza type (all dressed, pepperoni, etc). How can I use product options to allow the client to multi-select toppings onto each pizza? Please see this link for details. If I use options, wouldn't it mean I'l have 20 dropdown options since I have 20 toppings to choose from? The visitor should be able to select more than 1 topping.
I'm already using product options to select the pizza type (all dressed, pepperoni, etc). How can I use product options to allow the client to multi-select toppings onto each pizza? Please see this link for details. If I use options, wouldn't it mean I'l have 20 dropdown options since I have 20 toppings to choose from? The visitor should be able to select more than 1 topping.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Saren_p.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189460
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi,
The item custom field does not allow to set a price for the product ; product options or variants are more appropriate to change the product price.
But it is possible to add this feature using a custom plugin ; I know that there is a external plugin which allow to specify a price for the "order custom fields" (which are then added in the order additional).
Because HikaShop is very flexible and got a lot of triggers ; you can override the product price depending his item custom fields, in the same logical than the donation plugin but without replacing the full price.
Regards,
The item custom field does not allow to set a price for the product ; product options or variants are more appropriate to change the product price.
But it is possible to add this feature using a custom plugin ; I know that there is a external plugin which allow to specify a price for the "order custom fields" (which are then added in the order additional).
Because HikaShop is very flexible and got a lot of triggers ; you can override the product price depending his item custom fields, in the same logical than the donation plugin but without replacing the full price.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189575
by Saren_p
Replied by Saren_p on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi Jerome,
Product options or variants is only a dropdown menu where the user can only select 1 item form the dropdown menu. This would not be ideal since I have 20 pizza toppings as it would require 20 product options or variants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think product options or variants allow for a multi-select option?
If product options or variants allows a multi-select option then great! Is this possible?
Can you point me to the ""order custom fields" plugin?
Thank you and regards.
Product options or variants is only a dropdown menu where the user can only select 1 item form the dropdown menu. This would not be ideal since I have 20 pizza toppings as it would require 20 product options or variants. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think product options or variants allow for a multi-select option?
If product options or variants allows a multi-select option then great! Is this possible?
Can you point me to the ""order custom fields" plugin?
Thank you and regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #189670
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi,
I am sorry but the external plugin is not fully available (it's a custom paid plugin).
But you can read more about the price on order custom field there :
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/872829-w...icles-as-a-gift.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/873239-g...ng-for-hikashop.html
But to have such kind of feature for the item custom field, the best is to use the trigger for the price calculation ; like the donation plugin does.
Regards,
I am sorry but the external plugin is not fully available (it's a custom paid plugin).
But you can read more about the price on order custom field there :
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/872829-w...icles-as-a-gift.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/873239-g...ng-for-hikashop.html
But to have such kind of feature for the item custom field, the best is to use the trigger for the price calculation ; like the donation plugin does.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saren_p
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190561
by Saren_p
Replied by Saren_p on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Jerome,
How much is this plugin? If it's not too expensive perhaps I can purchase it? I was under the assumption that the Business Edition had this feature but unfortunately it does not, it only allows custom fields to be displayed.
How much is this plugin? If it's not too expensive perhaps I can purchase it? I was under the assumption that the Business Edition had this feature but unfortunately it does not, it only allows custom fields to be displayed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190648
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi,
Only the plugin for the "order custom fields" exists.
This plugin does not handle "item custom fields" but I know that was an improvement idea.
If you want more details, or a quote, the best is to send a message using the "contact us" page.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Regards,
Only the plugin for the "order custom fields" exists.
This plugin does not handle "item custom fields" but I know that was an improvement idea.
If you want more details, or a quote, the best is to send a message using the "contact us" page.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315909
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom field type ITEM price
Hi,
For anyone reading this thread, the custom field price plugin now supports custom item fields too.
For anyone reading this thread, the custom field price plugin now supports custom item fields too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds