- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 0
I have a very important question about updating
11 years 6 months ago #196419
by MiloW
I have a very important question about updating was created by MiloW
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not relevant
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : not relevant
Hi,
I made a number of changes in the panel.
Of course I know how the override system works in Joomla and that hardcoding is not good.
I know how the translation system in HS works and I have edited custom fields and e-mail templates and views.
My question is:
Which elements in HS stay OK after upgrade and which are overwritten?
I mean I don't want to come here angry because after some update I lose views or e-mail templates.
Can you please guide me on this topic - either by relating to an URL or listing things here?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : not relevant
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : not relevant
Hi,
I made a number of changes in the panel.
Of course I know how the override system works in Joomla and that hardcoding is not good.
I know how the translation system in HS works and I have edited custom fields and e-mail templates and views.
My question is:
Which elements in HS stay OK after upgrade and which are overwritten?
I mean I don't want to come here angry because after some update I lose views or e-mail templates.
Can you please guide me on this topic - either by relating to an URL or listing things here?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #196421
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic I have a very important question about updating
Hi,
All HikaShop core files are overwritten during updates.
All overrides (views, css, emails) are kept ; the view overrides are stored in the template folder so they are not impacted by the update and the css/emails overrides are files with specific name which are not replaced by the update.
For the configuration (elements in the database), all is kept.
When we add new columns for some tables, we always follow a naming convention to not be in conflict with potential custom fields.
In every cases, before doing an update ; the best is to perform a little backup of your files and of your database.
Regards,
All HikaShop core files are overwritten during updates.
All overrides (views, css, emails) are kept ; the view overrides are stored in the template folder so they are not impacted by the update and the css/emails overrides are files with specific name which are not replaced by the update.
For the configuration (elements in the database), all is kept.
When we add new columns for some tables, we always follow a naming convention to not be in conflict with potential custom fields.
In every cases, before doing an update ; the best is to perform a little backup of your files and of your database.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MiloW
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds