- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 1
Just turned off SYSTEM - SEF plugin...
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #199457
by madjedo
Just turned off SYSTEM - SEF plugin... was created by madjedo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3
So I turned the SEF plugin OFF because Joomla canonical url is not working properly.
However when I now enter a product information page, its completely buggy. Logo is not being displayed correctly and the menu. The same for the checkout.
Btw, duplicate content are not being reported as coming from hikashop.
I have had to turn it again. However I am afraid this will not solve my problem with duplicate URL's.
Any ideas???
-- Joomla version -- : 3
So I turned the SEF plugin OFF because Joomla canonical url is not working properly.
However when I now enter a product information page, its completely buggy. Logo is not being displayed correctly and the menu. The same for the checkout.
Btw, duplicate content are not being reported as coming from hikashop.
I have had to turn it again. However I am afraid this will not solve my problem with duplicate URL's.
Any ideas???
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by madjedo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199534
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Just turned off SYSTEM - SEF plugin...
Hi,
If duplicate content are not reported as coming from HikaShop, then I don't see why turning off the SEF plugin would help.
You should locate the pages where you get that duplicate content and make sure they have a unique canonical URL. You might need to use a specific third party plugin for that. Many extensions exist for canonical URLs for various things:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ers=0&clearfilters=1
If duplicate content are not reported as coming from HikaShop, then I don't see why turning off the SEF plugin would help.
You should locate the pages where you get that duplicate content and make sure they have a unique canonical URL. You might need to use a specific third party plugin for that. Many extensions exist for canonical URLs for various things:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ers=0&clearfilters=1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #199560
by madjedo
Replied by madjedo on topic Just turned off SYSTEM - SEF plugin...
The reason for turning it off was because it is giving away wrong canonicals. For example I have articles on my site that is being accessed from Main Menu aswell as from content inside articles. And the links given have different unique canonical url's. It's a shame, because I now have to spend cash on an addon just to have a joomla flaw fixed. And I am not sure about stability...
But anyways. Let's say I use this extension: ( www.cmsplugin.com/products/components/4-canonical-url ). Can you just confirm to me that nothing will happen with Hikashop stability??? Or recommend any extension that you know is "hikashop safe"? The styleware plugin doesn't work with cache enabled. Don't see the point of it if isn't compatible with cache enabled honestly.
But anyways. Let's say I use this extension: ( www.cmsplugin.com/products/components/4-canonical-url ). Can you just confirm to me that nothing will happen with Hikashop stability??? Or recommend any extension that you know is "hikashop safe"? The styleware plugin doesn't work with cache enabled. Don't see the point of it if isn't compatible with cache enabled honestly.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by madjedo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #199567
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Just turned off SYSTEM - SEF plugin...
Hi,
We don't had any feedback about this plugin, you can potentially use it, and disable all canonical features and set urls in HikaShop. This way that should not cause problems.
We don't had any feedback about this plugin, you can potentially use it, and disable all canonical features and set urls in HikaShop. This way that should not cause problems.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds