- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
Product Page Backend Characteristics Broken
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 36.0.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi,
I just updated to HikaShop version 2.5.0. I am going to have to revert to a backup though. In the product creation in the backend, the characteristic selector system is completely broken. I have about 35 "Color" characteristics set up. I used to be able to see the alias of the particular color characteristic in the backend, so I knew which one I was picking. Now I can no longer see the alias. I just have 35 "Color" characteristics to pick from and have no idea which one I am picking!
Any ideas? Can I revert back to the backend display of HikaShop 2.4?
*UPDATE*
I reverted back to HikaShop 2.4.0 from an backup I took earlier this morning. I'm running HikaShop 2.5.0 in localhost via MAMP right now to do some testing. The characteristics are still messed up in the product backend. I just have a list of 35 "Color" characteristics to choose from, with no description as to what they are.
In addition, when I'm on the HikaShop dashboard, the bottom still says HikaShop version 2.4.0. I have installed HikaShop 2.5.0, so I'm not sure why it is still displaying this message.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1/ In HikaShop 2.5.0 ; you can add the parameter "legacy=1" when editing a product in order to retrieve the old edition system.
So you do not need to "rollback" ; we are still proposing the previous interface.
2/ We will see to improve as soon as possible the characteristic namebox in order to display also the alias (it has be done for HikaMarket so I'm sure that it can be ported into HikaShop).
Please not that in HikaShop 2.5.0 ; the new interface will not generate the variants automatically but you can create them very easily in the second tab called "variants" (only displayed when you have some characteristics for the product).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
Thank you for replying. Two things:
1. Where do I add "legacy=1" ?
2. Thank you for seeing if you can port this functionality to HikaShop. Without it, my website will not be able to function. Also, in HikaShop 2.4.0, I am able to change the ordering of the characteristics. For instance, if I need to move "Size" below "Color" I simply change 1 to 2 in the ordering box. This has disappeared from HikaShop 2.5.0. Can you please add this functionality back as well?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. In the url when you edit a product ; you have to add at the end " &legacy=1 " to get the legacy mode.
2. I just have the confirmation that the alias has been added in HikaShop.
So you can download again the install package and install it and you'll get the alias.
We'll look at adding a reordering capability for the characteristics of the product for the next release. In the mean time, you can simply add them in the correct order.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
Thank you and the whole HikaShop team for getting this issue addressed so quickly! I installed the updated 2.5.0 package and everything works perfectly now. I love having the ability to use radio-buttons and drop-down on the same page!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
So I configured about 5 products in HikaShop 2.5.0. I set the color characteristics to be radio buttons, so I could use the "Display by Color" method for color swatches. That works great. I set the size characteristics to drop-down selector. This looks great, but there is an issue.
When I had color displayed by radio button and size by drop down, HikaShop would not change it's in-stock / out of stock state. So if a product was out of stock, it still shows as in stock and if a product was in stock it would show as out. I changed the size characteristic to display as radio buttons and then everything works as it should. Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you provide a link to that product page so that we can look at the issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
I apologize for responding so late. I don't want to enable the site that way, as I don't want to risk losing sales. I realize you can't see the problem, but it's ok for now. I will install the latest backup of the site onto MAMP and see if I can figure something out.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
not works correctly
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
@permsk : I don't understand anything of what you said. You highlighted stuff in your screenshots but as everything is not in English and that you didn't add much information on your problem, I don't understand what problem that is.
Also, on your website it seems to work just fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
obuv.rsait.ru/obuv/muzhskaya/product/adi...x-750-men-s-azx.html
obuv.rsait.ru/obuv/product/sapogi.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php with the one in this archive and that should help.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ahacreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
It worked perfectly for me on HikaShop 2.5.0 and Joomla 3.4.1. Download the characteristic file above if you are encountering the same issue!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.