No Captcha - ReCaptcha
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
I just installed 3.4.3, and decided to update to V2 of captcha...originally I wasn't sure if it was working. So I asked over on the Joomla forums...and they reminded me that I was using the HikaShop user plugin for my registration page.
My captcha boxes all looked like the old V1 boxes, not the V2 boxes...so I asked if I was doing something wrong.
I found online that I had to download the HikaShop recaptcha plugin...so I did & I installed it, disabled the old Joomla Captcha-ReCaptcha plugin...but the old V1 box is still showing.
If you need to see what I'm talking about...here's a direct link to the registration page for an account...
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping/user/form.html
Am I missing a step in getting rid of that old V1 box?
Thanks!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that you don't have any other ReCaptcha plugin enabled on your website ?
This being a HikaShop registration form, there are only two plugins which can display a ReCaptcha there. The "ReCaptcha on forms" which is the old ReCaptcha plugin of HikaShop and "HikaShop ReCaptcha v2" which is the new one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
nicolas wrote: Hi,
Are you sure that you don't have any other ReCaptcha plugin enabled on your website ?
This being a HikaShop registration form, there are only two plugins which can display a ReCaptcha there. The "ReCaptcha on forms" which is the old ReCaptcha plugin of HikaShop and "HikaShop ReCaptcha v2" which is the new one.
I missed the "ReCaptcha on forms"...disabled it & all is good. Thanks Nicolas!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I've confirmed I have the Joomla Captcha item disabled, and inactive on all pages I know it was on. I've confirmed that I've disabled the ReCaptcha on Forms plugin...but I cannot get the new Captcha to work.
Is it possible I've missed something in disabling the old ones?
Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It means that you still have some captcha setting of Joomla activated.
docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_use_Recaptcha_in_Joomla%3F
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
In Global Configuration, where it lists "Default Captcha" I have "None Selected"
In the plugin "Captcha - ReCaptcha", I have it disabled
In the plugin "ReCaptcha on forms", I have it disabled
In the options of the User Manager, I have "Captcha" set to "None Selected"
In the "HikaShop ReCaptcha v2", I have it enabled, the public key is the key I was given as "site key", and the private key is the "secret" key I was given.
Use in registration forms is set to yes
Display after is set to email
Use in contact forms is set to Yes
Display position on contact forms is set to "After the message text area"
Use in comment forms is set to No
Display position on comment forms is set to "After the message text area"
What else is there?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
We couldn't contact the reCAPTCHA server to verify your answer. Please try again.
I've got the keys in the right places as far as I can tell, the other captcha plugins are disabled except for the "HikaShop ReCaptcha v2"...but there's no response from the recaptcha server? I don't know how to fix this.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please check that allow_url_fopen is activated on your web server:
php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configurati...#ini.allow-url-fopen
and that your server is allowed to access external servers (you might need to contact your hosting company).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
What is the other link for? When I click it, I just get this...
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
This has become too stretched out of an issue...I need this to work, no one can register on my site, and new customers cannot purchase items. I know you guys are trying, but I really need resolution to this issue please.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This answer surprises me.
I don't think that they have any server log for opening of connections to external servers from your server.
Normally, hosting companies have only the opposite: logs of connections coming from the outside to your server.
So if they looked there, it's normal that they didn't find anything.
Similarly, it's normally that incoming 80 and 443 ports are open on web servers. But we are not talking about incoming ports here, we're talking about outgoing ports.
So I'm thinking that the guy didn't understand what you wanted and thought that you were talking about something else.
The Captcha plugin works fine on our end, and I checked on your website and it's setup properly. I've also looked at its code and the only way you would get that error would be if the allow_url_fopen would not be activated on your web server, or some firewall blocking outgoing connections. I don't see any other possibility and we can't do anything in these cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I swear, if this wasn't a security thing...I'd give up. Ill copy your message & give it to them...maybe they don't understand.
Thank you...
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
During my testing of the new ReCaptcha, I was getting a box of images that I had to select all images that contained xxxxx item (last one was Sushi if I recall). Today, when I'm testing the working ReCaptcha, I'm not getting that image box now. Has something been changed at some point that would cause this?
Thank you very much!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's normal. Google adapts automatically the check based on the probability that you're a robot or not. They have many variables to calculate that probability. One day they might ask you to solve a captcha text, one day an image captcha, one day just click on a checkbox, etc.
On my end, most of the times, it's only a checkbox to check, but from time to time they ask me a simple text captcha.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.