- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 4
Shipping Method Configuration not showing
11 years 2 months ago #210622
by fengel
Shipping Method Configuration not showing was created by fengel
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 38.0.5
I'm creating a custom shipping method plugin and I can't get the "_configuration.php" file to show up when I go into edit mode.
Things I've done:
Haven't been able to figure out what's missing.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 38.0.5
I'm creating a custom shipping method plugin and I can't get the "_configuration.php" file to show up when I go into edit mode.
Things I've done:
- INamed the configuration file "gls_configuration.php"
- Filled out the "onShippingConfiguration" function and pretty much copied the UPS version.
- Filled out the "onShippingConfigurationSave" function.
Haven't been able to figure out what's missing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210631
by fengel
Replied by fengel on topic Shipping Method Configuration not showing
Okay I figured it out. Again, the lack of documentation is costing hours.
I found out that when you want a Specific Configuration for the plugin, you have to choose between:
1) Using a class variable $pluginConfig.
(examples: AUPost, USPS)
OR
2) Using a PLUGINNAME_configuration.php file
(examples: CANPar, Envoimoinscher, Fedex)
I was using both, so the code chose the first one, which I made to be empty. Thus, nothing showed.
The purpose of $pluginConfig wasn't documented anywhere so I could only guess what it was for.
I found out that when you want a Specific Configuration for the plugin, you have to choose between:
1) Using a class variable $pluginConfig.
(examples: AUPost, USPS)
OR
2) Using a PLUGINNAME_configuration.php file
(examples: CANPar, Envoimoinscher, Fedex)
I was using both, so the code chose the first one, which I made to be empty. Thus, nothing showed.
The purpose of $pluginConfig wasn't documented anywhere so I could only guess what it was for.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210635
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Shipping Method Configuration not showing
Hi,
The introduction of "$pluginConfig" is coming from the new Payment/Shipping interfaces.
Even if the sample plugin has been updated for that ; you're right, there is no text which explain that if there is the "$pluginConfig", the configuration view won't be used.
We will see to update the commentaries in the plugin as soon as possible.
github.com/HikaShop/sample-payment-plugi...b/master/example.php
Regards,
The introduction of "$pluginConfig" is coming from the new Payment/Shipping interfaces.
Even if the sample plugin has been updated for that ; you're right, there is no text which explain that if there is the "$pluginConfig", the configuration view won't be used.
We will see to update the commentaries in the plugin as soon as possible.
github.com/HikaShop/sample-payment-plugi...b/master/example.php
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds