- Posts: 49
- Thank you received: 1
I need to add
I need to add the custom field in the table below , to select the size before buying ...
I added a photo for better clarification
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You'll have to use a custom ITEM field, and then set the "Custom item fields" option to YES through your product listing content module configuration page via "Hikashop->Display->Content modules".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Some models have some other sizes and other models , I need you to select the size and when I made my order selected size appears.
Sorry for my bad english...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think that Mohamed thought that your listing there was a products listing module, and not the listing of variants of the product.
It's not possible to have the custom item fields displayed in the variants table for each variant of the product.
The system hasn't been made to support that.
In that case, I would recommend instead to have a second characteristic for the size and add it to the product as second characteristic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Not if I understand correctly.
You mean to introduce each of the sizes that can be a model??
In each model to introduce its variants?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
He just wanted you to create a new "Calibre" characteristic and add it to every product which use the "Calibre" custom Item field.You mean to introduce each of the sizes that can be a model??
In each model to introduce its variants?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
What do you exactly mean by :
Can you give us more information about it through some screenshots for example ?But then when you pay does not leave the selected gauge "Calibre".
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
It's actually working fine on my end, can you give us a link to your product page so that we can directly test it ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I already told you that the system doesn't support custom item fields for products with characteristics if you use the "list" display of the characteristics selection interface.
So it's normal that it doesn't work.
As I told you, I would recommend instead to have a second characteristic for the Calibre and add it to the product as second characteristic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see the problem of doing what you said you want to do with characteristics.
Once you add your two characteristics to your product, you can go in the "Variants" tab of the product and add/delete modify the variants of the product.
So different products can have different sizes/colors combinations available and each color doesn't need to have all the sizes available either.
It's up to you to define what you want in the Variants tab of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Each model has different colours and sizes, so I need to show each color with their own "size/s" like a dropdown menu for the client be able to choose the right one. How can i do it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If a color has 3 sizes I have to create one for each size and the list can be enormous.
If it were not so , I do not understand that ... otherwise would have any example to see ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Instead of displaying the characteristics in a list, you could display them as dropdowns, as it is the case by default. That way, you won't have the issue with the long list and you'll get the size dropdown like you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, Do you want to say that the only solution is register all the colors with their size?
This it's a problem because some times there are 40 colors and every color has 3 different sizes. It's very messy.
Thanks for your help,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see the link between your message (and question) and the Nicolas' answer.
If you have characteristics, yes, you create variants for each possible combination.
If there is too much variants ; you might think to use a different design or use something else than characteristics.. But it has a lot of impacts and it's a total different subject.
HikaShop have various ways to allow you to sell products but first ; you need to know what you are selling, how you are selling it and how you want to manage your products.
Depending that ; there will be different solution but few of them could require some custom development.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.