Skip to main content

ACL and Affiliates

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #216874 by xatzopou
ACL and Affiliates was created by xatzopou
-- url of the page with the problem -- : noelbyepsilon.com/noel2/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Hi,
I try to configure ACL in my hikashop.
I have a user that belongs to a new group called Clients (Group Parent: Public and Clients tied to Access Level Special).
I try to configure ACL Hikashop so Clients group not to View, Manage and Delete Affiliates but it doesn't works. My other ACL settings works fine.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by xatzopou. Reason: Couldn't attach screenshot images - 500 Internal Server Error - Fatal Error

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #216896 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic ACL and Affiliates
Hi,

This ACL allows you to give access or not to the Affiliates menu of your HikaShop backend.
I suppose that your group "Clients" doesn't have access to your Joomla backend anyway so it's normal that you don't see any change.
I also suppose that what you're trying to do is to show the "affiliate program" button of the user control panel of the frontend only to some user groups. There is actually no such setting to allow you to do that. To do that, you would have to edit the file plugins/system/hikashopaffiliate/hikashopaffiliate.php and add custom code in the function function onUserAccountDisplay(&$buttons) there in order to display the button based on the user group of the current user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #217308 by xatzopou
Replied by xatzopou on topic ACL and Affiliates
Hi Nicolas,
My user has backend access. This user belons to Group Clients (that has Special Access Level).
I need this user to give him backend access to add products and proceed the orders.
Joomla is a bit complicated for a novice, so I just want to display to the user only the necessary menu options - nothing more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #217334 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic ACL and Affiliates
Hi,

Well, I've tested the ACL for the affiliate on my end and it works just fine.
Are you sure that you aren't confused because you still have the "banner" access level activated ? And thus the "Affiliates" menu is still displayed so that you can access the banners sub menu, but you actually can't click on it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xatzopou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum