- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
Search field wont search for product codes
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 10 months ago #221023
by dancingkazzaf
Search field wont search for product codes was created by dancingkazzaf
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
176.32.230.249/clydesdale.net/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello, I can't seem to get the search to search for product codes. I have made sure the variants are turn on and selected to find product codes. but for some reason its still not working. Is there something else I am missing?
Thanks Karen
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello, I can't seem to get the search to search for product codes. I have made sure the variants are turn on and selected to find product codes. but for some reason its still not working. Is there something else I am missing?
Thanks Karen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221031
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Search field wont search for product codes
Hi,
In the plugin "HikaShop seatch plugin" you have to add the desired field to search on.
You have to add: product_code
In the plugin "HikaShop seatch plugin" you have to add the desired field to search on.
You have to add: product_code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 10 months ago #221148
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Search field wont search for product codes
Yes I have already done that buts it still not finding any product codes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221152
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Search field wont search for product codes
Hi,
I tried on my end and its working fine, I just tried on your end too, and it seems to be working as expected.
I just done a search on "CLY 582 124 4 T" and it returns me the correct variant.
I tried on my end and its working fine, I just tried on your end too, and it seems to be working as expected.
I just done a search on "CLY 582 124 4 T" and it returns me the correct variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 10 months ago #221312
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Search field wont search for product codes
On mine it just displays all of the variants of that product not just one product related to the product code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 10 months ago #221316
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Search field wont search for product codes
I think I get how its working now. I think I was expecting a individual product for that searched product code, but obviously it will display all the other variant because it shows everything which includes those numbers.
Thanks for your help
Thanks for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221315
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Search field wont search for product codes
Hi,
That's because in the search filters you have to search on "Exact Phrase".
This is Joomla settings, you can maybe set the default search on "Exact Phrase" in the search module settings.
That's because in the search filters you have to search on "Exact Phrase".
This is Joomla settings, you can maybe set the default search on "Exact Phrase" in the search module settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds