- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 0
DNS failure on some canonical urls
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #222901
by proo4509
DNS failure on some canonical urls was created by proo4509
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
A lot of my products, when clicked on in the front end to open the detail page, result in a DNS failure error.
When I empty the field canonical url, they are fine again.
Other products don't have the same problem at once; when I first click, they open the detailpage. But when I try a second time. Same dns failure.
I notice that there is a "/" missing in the canonical url (the first one after the domain .nl)
When I type the missing "/" in the canonical (error) url, the page opens fine.
what is causing this problem and how can i fix it without having to check every product in the frontend?
regards
Suzanne
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.30
A lot of my products, when clicked on in the front end to open the detail page, result in a DNS failure error.
When I empty the field canonical url, they are fine again.
Other products don't have the same problem at once; when I first click, they open the detailpage. But when I try a second time. Same dns failure.
I notice that there is a "/" missing in the canonical url (the first one after the domain .nl)
When I type the missing "/" in the canonical (error) url, the page opens fine.
what is causing this problem and how can i fix it without having to check every product in the frontend?
regards
Suzanne
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by proo4509.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222929
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic DNS failure on some canonical urls
Hi,
Turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and that won't happen anymore for all your products.
Turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and that won't happen anymore for all your products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds