- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
How to modify the sort of product list?
10 years 10 months ago #223035
by javck
How to modify the sort of product list? was created by javck
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
My client wants to modify the sort of product list because some products want to put together.
I know that I could sort them by product id , product code.. etc , I have found the setting.
But I want to know if having any more flexible methods to modify the sort.
I found products admin panel have a sort column which is disable by default.
Can I use the column to modify the sort of products? How to enable it?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
My client wants to modify the sort of product list because some products want to put together.
I know that I could sort them by product id , product code.. etc , I have found the setting.
But I want to know if having any more flexible methods to modify the sort.
I found products admin panel have a sort column which is disable by default.
Can I use the column to modify the sort of products? How to enable it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #223041
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Hi,
When editing the product listing for the frontend, set the option "Ordering field" to "Ordering" (= usually the first in the dropdown), then the listing will be in the same order as in the backend.
When editing the product listing for the frontend, set the option "Ordering field" to "Ordering" (= usually the first in the dropdown), then the listing will be in the same order as in the backend.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by lousyfool.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #223090
by javck
Replied by javck on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Hello~
I think you misunderstand my question.
I know I could modify the setting to let the frontend order just like backend one.
But the problem is , my backend product list order modification function can't be use.
I want to know how to open the order column option. You can see my last post to know what I mean.
Please let me know how to open it. Thx~
I think you misunderstand my question.
I know I could modify the setting to let the frontend order just like backend one.
But the problem is , my backend product list order modification function can't be use.
I want to know how to open the order column option. You can see my last post to know what I mean.
Please let me know how to open it. Thx~
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #223092
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Oh ok, indeed, I got you wrong.
Well, no clue what it would be in your language, but you'll need to select "Only direct sub elements" in one of the dropdowns above the column. then you'll be able to access the order functions in the backend.
Well, no clue what it would be in your language, but you'll need to select "Only direct sub elements" in one of the dropdowns above the column. then you'll be able to access the order functions in the backend.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223288
by javck
Replied by javck on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Hello,
indeed, It is the solution what I need. I did what I want as you said.
But my another question is , why I have to select 'Only direct sub elements' to let order function work?
Is there any logic reason?
indeed, It is the solution what I need. I did what I want as you said.
But my another question is , why I have to select 'Only direct sub elements' to let order function work?
Is there any logic reason?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223290
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Hi,
I think it makes sense that you can order elements in only one particular (sub)category, not across multiple categories, especially when considering that a product can be in multiple categories.
I think it makes sense that you can order elements in only one particular (sub)category, not across multiple categories, especially when considering that a product can be in multiple categories.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223694
by javck
Replied by javck on topic How to modify the sort of product list?
Hi,
Thanks for your explain. It makes sense and I knows more about it.
Thanks for your explain. It makes sense and I knows more about it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds