- Posts: 317
- Thank you received: 20
JFolder error prevents update
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #223378
by jgribble
JFolder error prevents update was created by jgribble
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.59
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 47.0.2526.73
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create destination
I am trying to update with the standard zip method. Error I get is: JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create destination
I downloaded latest version of Hika busiiness. Is it compatible with Joomla 2.59?
Do you have a legacy version that would work better.?
Also I have seen some blogs indicating that this could be related to my path to temp in Joomla global settings. Have verified that temp folder is writable.
I appreciate your help, as always.
-Jim Gribble
Javelin Communications
-- Joomla version -- : 2.59
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 47.0.2526.73
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create destination
I am trying to update with the standard zip method. Error I get is: JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to create destination
I downloaded latest version of Hika busiiness. Is it compatible with Joomla 2.59?
Do you have a legacy version that would work better.?
Also I have seen some blogs indicating that this could be related to my path to temp in Joomla global settings. Have verified that temp folder is writable.
I appreciate your help, as always.
-Jim Gribble
Javelin Communications
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by jgribble.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223396
by jgribble
Replied by jgribble on topic JFolder error prevents update
In case anyone else has this problem, I solved it myself. The problem was a typo in the file patch to the tmp folder. Who knows how it got there. I don't think I would have typed it in manually when I built the site almost four years ago. I guess check the path for EXACT precision, or you will get an error.
Joomla uses the TMP folder as a launching pad for zipped applications.
The funny thing is, I've installed or updated several apps recently, and Hikashop was the only one that gave the system fits.
-Jim Gribble
Joomla uses the TMP folder as a launching pad for zipped applications.
The funny thing is, I've installed or updated several apps recently, and Hikashop was the only one that gave the system fits.
-Jim Gribble
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223399
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic JFolder error prevents update
Hi,
We have a documentation for installation issues.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-install.html#errors
In all cases Joomla must use the "temp" folder to copy the zip and perform the extraction.
Because it requires non compressed files in order to do the installation.
HikaShop is not special at all, it has a classical Joomla installer.
Regards,
We have a documentation for installation issues.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-install.html#errors
In all cases Joomla must use the "temp" folder to copy the zip and perform the extraction.
Because it requires non compressed files in order to do the installation.
HikaShop is not special at all, it has a classical Joomla installer.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds