Exporting the whole site
10 years 9 months ago #224509
by vanway
Exporting the whole site was created by vanway
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.6
Dear people at hikashop,
When I first created my shop, I did the mistake to create it on a subdirectory instead of the root (on /shop). I'd like to move it to the root of the domain, but not sure if can. I know how to move a joomla site, but If I do it with hikashop, will I have to do any extra work? does hikashop uses the whole domain to root the images, or just go straigth to /xxx)?
Is there any way to do this in a safe way?
Thank you very much.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.6
Dear people at hikashop,
When I first created my shop, I did the mistake to create it on a subdirectory instead of the root (on /shop). I'd like to move it to the root of the domain, but not sure if can. I know how to move a joomla site, but If I do it with hikashop, will I have to do any extra work? does hikashop uses the whole domain to root the images, or just go straigth to /xxx)?
Is there any way to do this in a safe way?
Thank you very much.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #224551
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Exporting the whole site
Hi,
You can move it to the root, we are using relative paths.
The best way is to duplicate it, that way you are sure to keep a valid version
If you have an issue, you can still set a value for the parameter "live_site" and set the new url of the website.
You can move it to the root, we are using relative paths.
The best way is to duplicate it, that way you are sure to keep a valid version
If you have an issue, you can still set a value for the parameter "live_site" and set the new url of the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #224630
by gasoline
I'll keep on trying!
Replied by gasoline on topic Exporting the whole site
It's easy, I do that often.
Change your JOOMLA configuration.php in the root:
FIND:
public $log_path = '/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/yoursubdomain/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/yoursubdomain/tmp';

To be sure, backup first.
Change your JOOMLA configuration.php in the root:
FIND:
public $log_path = '/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/yoursubdomain/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/yoursubdomain/tmp';
- Remove /yoursubdomain and move the whole site to root.
- Than login as admin and check your SETTINGS > GLOBAL CONFIGURATION
- Empty caches.
- If you edit your .htaccess file (I assume you did not, check it for redirects.
To be sure, backup first.
I'll keep on trying!
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by gasoline.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 6 months ago #234607
by vanway
Replied by vanway on topic Exporting the whole site
Thank you both for your help.
Finally, I did it in a much easier way (easier for those like me who has no notion in programming). For those interested, I did it pretty easy in just few minutes with Akeeba backup.
Finally, I did it in a much easier way (easier for those like me who has no notion in programming). For those interested, I did it pretty easy in just few minutes with Akeeba backup.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds