Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3
10 years 7 months ago #229204
by simo90
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3 was created by simo90
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.williamandrewsimon.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I'm upgrading my website ( www.m2820.com ) to the latest version of Joomla and changing the template. I decided to first make all the changes on another web domain ( www.williamandrewsimon.com ), then when everything is working correctly, copy it all other to the www.m2820.com where is will remain long term.
Here's my question, I'm about ready to do this and began wondering if HikaShop is tied to a particular domain or if I can just copy everything over from www.williamandrewsimon.com to www.m2820.com . In other words, if I set it all up on www.williamandrewsimon.com , then copy it to www.m2820.com , will HikaShop give an error saying that I can only have it on the domain it was originally set up on?
If so, how do I correct this?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
I'm upgrading my website ( www.m2820.com ) to the latest version of Joomla and changing the template. I decided to first make all the changes on another web domain ( www.williamandrewsimon.com ), then when everything is working correctly, copy it all other to the www.m2820.com where is will remain long term.
Here's my question, I'm about ready to do this and began wondering if HikaShop is tied to a particular domain or if I can just copy everything over from www.williamandrewsimon.com to www.m2820.com . In other words, if I set it all up on www.williamandrewsimon.com , then copy it to www.m2820.com , will HikaShop give an error saying that I can only have it on the domain it was originally set up on?
If so, how do I correct this?
Brad
Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229222
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3
Hi,
It's not a problem for HikaShop. Just update the domain name later on in the menu My account>My subscriptions of our website and click on the "purge cache" button of the Joomla updater and that's it.
It's not a problem for HikaShop. Just update the domain name later on in the menu My account>My subscriptions of our website and click on the "purge cache" button of the Joomla updater and that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simo90
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds