- Posts: 159
- Thank you received: 2
No invoice for free products
10 years 4 months ago #241797
by Rokell
No invoice for free products was created by Rokell
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
Hi,
is there a way to tell the invoice plugin, NOT to create an invoice when a free product is purchased? We have some software trial versions. I attach a test license with Hika Serial to each order. That works, but I don't want to create an 0,00 € invoice for each test version.
Thanks
Roger
Hi,
is there a way to tell the invoice plugin, NOT to create an invoice when a free product is purchased? We have some software trial versions. I attach a test license with Hika Serial to each order. That works, but I don't want to create an 0,00 € invoice for each test version.
Thanks
Roger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241814
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No invoice for free products
Hi,
So I understand that you don't want the invoice number to be generated for such orders.
The invoice number is only generated when the orders are confirmed.
And orders are not confirmed automatically if they are equal to 0.
So it should already do that.
But I suppose that you must have activated the "validate free orders" plugin of HikaShop to have them confirmed for HikariSerial to do its thing, right ?
In that case, why not use a new order status for the free orders (with the order confirmed status setting of the HikaShop configuration) so that HikaSerial could do its magic on both this status and the normal confirmed status, but have the invoice order statuses to not have that new order status ? That way, the free orders would still get the test license, but not the invoice number (and thus not the invoice).
So I understand that you don't want the invoice number to be generated for such orders.
The invoice number is only generated when the orders are confirmed.
And orders are not confirmed automatically if they are equal to 0.
So it should already do that.
But I suppose that you must have activated the "validate free orders" plugin of HikaShop to have them confirmed for HikariSerial to do its thing, right ?
In that case, why not use a new order status for the free orders (with the order confirmed status setting of the HikaShop configuration) so that HikaSerial could do its magic on both this status and the normal confirmed status, but have the invoice order statuses to not have that new order status ? That way, the free orders would still get the test license, but not the invoice number (and thus not the invoice).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241858
by Rokell
Replied by Rokell on topic No invoice for free products
Hi Nicolas,
yes, you got it right. I thought about a new order status for free products, but can't find a way to do it. I set up a new order status called 'free'. How can I assign the free status to my free products? In the order configuration I found 'Unpaid order statuses'. There is no explanation about it in the help file.
Please point me into the right direction....
Thanks
Roger
yes, you got it right. I thought about a new order status for free products, but can't find a way to do it. I set up a new order status called 'free'. How can I assign the free status to my free products? In the order configuration I found 'Unpaid order statuses'. There is no explanation about it in the help file.
Please point me into the right direction....
Thanks
Roger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241877
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No invoice for free products
Hi,
As I said in my previous message, you can use the order confirmed status setting of the HikaShop configuration to set your "free" status and that way the validate free orders plugin will use that status for orders with a total amount of 0.
As I said in my previous message, you can use the order confirmed status setting of the HikaShop configuration to set your "free" status and that way the validate free orders plugin will use that status for orders with a total amount of 0.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241980
by Rokell
Replied by Rokell on topic No invoice for free products
Hi Nicolas,
sorry to bother you again, but I'm too stupid to understand it. Here are two screenshots. One shows all order status and the other the order configuration. Should I change 'Payment confirmed order status' to 'Free'? I can only put one status there.
I'm confused, because there are no settings in the "validate free orders" plugin to tell the system which status to use.
Sorry, but I just don't get it...
Roger
sorry to bother you again, but I'm too stupid to understand it. Here are two screenshots. One shows all order status and the other the order configuration. Should I change 'Payment confirmed order status' to 'Free'? I can only put one status there.
I'm confused, because there are no settings in the "validate free orders" plugin to tell the system which status to use.
Sorry, but I just don't get it...
Roger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241994
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No invoice for free products
Hi,
Yes, you need to set "free" in the "Payment confirmed order status" setting of the configuration, exactly.
Yes, you need to set "free" in the "Payment confirmed order status" setting of the configuration, exactly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #242043
by Rokell
Replied by Rokell on topic No invoice for free products
Thanks, it's working!
Best
Roger
Best
Roger
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds