Skip to main content

ajax upload field freezes in explorer ans edge

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #244961 by jouwnaambord.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : explorer 11 / Edge
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : freezing

Hi,

Is there anything known about the Hikashop ajax upload field not working in Explorer 11 and Edge? Several customers complain about the upload field is freezing during upload.
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by jouwnaambord.nl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #244963 by nicolas
Hi,

I've done a test on my end and it works fine with IE11 and Edge with the 2.6.3.

Do you have the problem yourself with these browsers ? Do you have the problem with other browsers ?
Could you give a link to the page with the issue ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #244989 by jouwnaambord.nl
Hi Nicolas,

Yes, I have the same problem when testing on my own computers.

This is a link:

www.jouwnaambord.nl/naamborden/plexiglas-naambord-zakelijk

works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Freezes in Explorer 11 and Edge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #245008 by Jerome
Hi,

Works good for me.
IE11 : pasteboard.co/8zhr3mtCE.png
Edge : pasteboard.co/8zjtmGh23.png

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #245027 by jouwnaambord.nl
Hi,

Well maybe with a very small file (< 100kb)? Can you try with a 1Mb jpg?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #245031 by nicolas
Hi,

So I do see the problem on your website with a big file:
take.ms/EKqTF

But we also see an error in the console.
Code:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'H5Form' of undefined or null reference html5fallback.js (1,2225)
And there is the report of the issue in the Joomla CMS : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/3023

But that's only on your website. I tried the same custom field on a product page on local with edge and it worked fine:
take.ms/vuQC8
Because we do not have the html5fallback.js in our side.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #245132 by jouwnaambord.nl
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. What can I do with this information? I suppose html5fallback.js is a Joomla core file. Why do you not have this on your side?

I already disabled all possible plugins, but this had no effect on the upload error. I read the report you mentioned and after searching on google found that a possible solution could be disable the caching in the GET request in the AJAX uploadform (wich seems to be the problem in Explorer and Edge). That's not something I can do myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #245147 by nicolas
Hi,

It works on our end as we don't have that html5fallback.js file loaded on the pages.
I suppose removing it might be a possibility althought I don't know how it is added on your website.
You could always write a small plugin to remove it the hard way:
joomla.stackexchange.com/a/4986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum