Category Display - Slider Vertical - Text & BG
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248245
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Category Display - Slider Vertical - Text & BG was created by sambob
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
Hi,
On this Page : I am using a Category Display with a vertical slider and want to edit the css for the category name color and the background to that text (pre-sliding)
I tricky bit is that I cannot inspect it with firebug as it moved up.
I 'think' it is the <span class="hikashop_category_name">, but I tried to add that to custom css but no luck with a changes.
Any clues greatly appreciated.
Regards
Simon
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
Hi,
On this Page : I am using a Category Display with a vertical slider and want to edit the css for the category name color and the background to that text (pre-sliding)
I tricky bit is that I cannot inspect it with firebug as it moved up.
I 'think' it is the <span class="hikashop_category_name">, but I tried to add that to custom css but no luck with a changes.
Any clues greatly appreciated.
Regards
Simon
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sambob.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248246
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Category Display - Slider Vertical - Text & BG
Hi,
Firebug shows you the complete HTML output (and its CSS), no matter what moves on hover or not. Please see attachment.
Assuming that you want to make the category name on the dark background better readable while leaving the category name during hovering as is, you'll need to first target the correct element, plus be more specific with your CSS regarding the wrapping container, like e.g.
The code you added to your custom.css for the classes "span.hikashop_img_pane_panel, span.hikashop_category_name" does not work, obviously. Best delete.
Firebug shows you the complete HTML output (and its CSS), no matter what moves on hover or not. Please see attachment.
Assuming that you want to make the category name on the dark background better readable while leaving the category name during hovering as is, you'll need to first target the correct element, plus be more specific with your CSS regarding the wrapping container, like e.g.
Code:
.hikashop_img_pane_panel > .hikashop_category_name > a {
color: #fff;
}
The code you added to your custom.css for the classes "span.hikashop_img_pane_panel, span.hikashop_category_name" does not work, obviously. Best delete.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: sambob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248249
by sambob
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Replied by sambob on topic Category Display - Slider Vertical - Text & BG
Hi lousyfool,
Greatly appreciated!
And thanks for the tip with Firebug.!
Greatly appreciated!
And thanks for the tip with Firebug.!
Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds