https setup
10 years 1 month ago #249046
by thomasf
https setup was created by thomasf
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
Hi,
could you kindly help me provide the steps what to set in Joomla and Hikashop to activate my https certificate?
I have the certificate already, but just need the steps how to switch it on.
Thanks a lot
Thomas
Hi,
could you kindly help me provide the steps what to set in Joomla and Hikashop to activate my https certificate?
I have the certificate already, but just need the steps how to switch it on.
Thanks a lot
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #249051
by kyratn
Replied by kyratn on topic https setup
Hi,
I have enabled https on my site yesterday and all went fine. My host provider installed it on my server. I tried to reach my site via https and it worked...so what i did is enabled in Jommla->global configuration->server->force ssl and set it to Entire site.
Please NOTE: Do not enable it if ssl is not properly configured on your server or after turning it on, you wont reach your site and you will have change settings via config.php file!!
I also had to fix some links who had http....or browser would give error like: some of the unsecure content has been hidden...but it is not hikashop related just my customization...
All works fine now.
Hope that helps.
Thanks
I have enabled https on my site yesterday and all went fine. My host provider installed it on my server. I tried to reach my site via https and it worked...so what i did is enabled in Jommla->global configuration->server->force ssl and set it to Entire site.
Please NOTE: Do not enable it if ssl is not properly configured on your server or after turning it on, you wont reach your site and you will have change settings via config.php file!!
I also had to fix some links who had http....or browser would give error like: some of the unsecure content has been hidden...but it is not hikashop related just my customization...
All works fine now.
Hope that helps.
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by kyratn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomasf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #249052
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic https setup
Hi and thanks for your quick reply.
Just to verify. So one I have to activate the ssl certificate in my hosting, two log into the back and and force ssl to the entire site.
So no additional switch or activation for Hikashop?
Then it should work right?
Login and registration and administration are also included? Hence the backend url will also start with https?
Thanks again
Regards
Thomas
Just to verify. So one I have to activate the ssl certificate in my hosting, two log into the back and and force ssl to the entire site.
So no additional switch or activation for Hikashop?
Then it should work right?
Login and registration and administration are also included? Hence the backend url will also start with https?
Thanks again
Regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #249057
by kyratn
Replied by kyratn on topic https setup
Hi,
Yes. You are right. There is nothing you should do with hikashop. Unless you would like to force ssl only on checkout, then there is such setting inside hikashop...
After you enable ssl in you server try to access site via https like https:
/mysite.com and if it works then you are free to turn force ssl in Joomla settings.
I would suggest you to go through pages and links with iexplorer as it will give popup at the bottom if some links still have absolute path like http. You will have to change it to https or just make it relative...
You also may have another problems but it all depends on your template and configuration. So back-up before ssl would be good!
All i can say that hikashop itself is friendly with https
Thanks
Yes. You are right. There is nothing you should do with hikashop. Unless you would like to force ssl only on checkout, then there is such setting inside hikashop...
After you enable ssl in you server try to access site via https like https:
/mysite.com and if it works then you are free to turn force ssl in Joomla settings.I would suggest you to go through pages and links with iexplorer as it will give popup at the bottom if some links still have absolute path like http. You will have to change it to https or just make it relative...
You also may have another problems but it all depends on your template and configuration. So back-up before ssl would be good!
All i can say that hikashop itself is friendly with https
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by kyratn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomasf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #249059
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic https setup
Hi, ok that sounds promising. I will do it the way you suggested, after activation just try to access the site via https and if it's ok force it via joomla. Well I am using a yootheme and next to Hikashop Freestyle FAQ..
Hope all will be fine. If ever I can change back via the config.php
Thanks again
Hope all will be fine. If ever I can change back via the config.php
Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #249056
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic https setup
Hi,
If you're able to access your website with https, you can simply turn on the https in Joomla like kyratn said and that's it. Nothing else necessary in HikaShop.
If you're able to access your website with https, you can simply turn on the https in Joomla like kyratn said and that's it. Nothing else necessary in HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #249149
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic https setup
Hi,
Activation worked flawlessly. Thanks.
Yet my browser shows that its still not secure. Any advise?
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
Thomas
Activation worked flawlessly. Thanks.
Yet my browser shows that its still not secure. Any advise?
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
Thomas
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by thomasf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #249162
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic https setup
Hi,
I got it working. I found out that some images were not https but still http and an advert was not secure. Did that changes and it worked now.
great stuff.
regards
I got it working. I found out that some images were not https but still http and an advert was not secure. Did that changes and it worked now.
great stuff.
regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds