Skip to main content

cron taks just on hikashop or on server too

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #255296 by francota
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

Hello
I am tring to setup the out of stock for admin and I read that is possible setting before the cron task on Hikashop.
I dont understand if it is enough set the cron on hikashop or I have to set it on my web hosting too.
In my web hosting in te setting of cron there is the voice comand, in that place i have to insert
lynx -source " www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null
or
wget -O /dev/null " www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null



Thanks
Frank
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by francota.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #255297 by Jerome
Hi,

We propose a cron task service for active licenses ; but you can choose to configure your own cron task if your web hosting allow you too. That's purely your choice. And if you decide to setup your own cron task, you just have to set this command in your cron task manager of your hosting.
If you want to read more about the cron task, we have that documentation page :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255540 by francota
Ok following the documentation I configured the cron task on my web hosting 2 times for hour, and i think it works couse after that i received an email with object cron started.
I published the plugin "HikaShop Out of stock notification Plugin" and I received a second mail with the list of products near the stock limit.
If I dont change the stock of those products I will receive again an email with sema products or the remainder is just one time?

Thanks
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255560 by nicolas
Hi,

The plugin sends a notification email each time it is triggered and it finds products below the threshold.
So if you don't change the quantity of the products below it, you'll receive the notification email again next time the plugin does its check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255600 by francota
yes yes it works, But I receive also an amil with text in italian "Tassi aggiornati con successo" in english it should be "Rate updated with success".

WHat is that? can I disblae it?

Thanks
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255609 by nicolas
Hi,

This comes from the currency rates auto update plugin.
If you disable the plugin, you won't get the notification. But you can also disable the cron task notifications under the cron task tab of the HikaShop configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255656 by francota
Ok i understand
But if i disble the plugin "HikaShop rates auto update plugin" I will have problem with the system? for now I use just euro and the selling are just in italy

Thanks
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255657 by Jerome
Hi,

If you do not have multiple currencies in your shop ; the deactivation of the plugin won't affect it.
That plugin do, as his name explained, the update of rates for currencies.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255726 by francota
OK Jerome understand that.
This morning I didn't receive any mail from cron job, also if the condition doesn't change and both plug-in are still activeted:
HikaShop Out of stock notification Plugin
HikaShop rates auto update plugin

This is what i see in the log file, what is going on? why I didnt receive email this morning

Thanks
FRank
Code:
****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 00:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 00:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 00:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 00:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 01:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 01:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 01:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 01:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 02:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 02:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 02:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 02:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 03:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 03:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 03:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 03:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 04:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 04:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 04:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 04:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 05:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 05:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 05:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 05:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 06:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 06:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 06:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 06:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 07:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 07:00 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 07:30 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 07:30 ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ******************** 2016-11-21 08:00 ******************** Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2016-11-21 08:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255727 by francota
Update the situation
I received right now the email from cron task.
The lasts days I received them at 8.00 for that I was worried couse at 9.00 I didn't still have them.
Just to understad may I know from what it depends??
Thanks Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255741 by nicolas
Hi,

Your cron is triggered every 30 minutes. And once the plugin is run, the "last time triggered" setting of the plugin is updated with the current time. So there it's already possible that there is a 1 second delay. So the next day, at the same hour the "last time triggered" setting will still be missing 1 second before it could be a full day of waiting, and thus it has to wait for the next cron trigger 30 minutes later. To avoid that, the best is to trigger the cron URL more frequently. If you configure it to trigger the cron every 1 minute, that you'll only have a one minute delay every day maximum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #256223 by francota
Hello
I think there is still something wrong, couse I changed the setting how you sayd (every minute) but every day there is a late that encrase about 15 minutes and sometimes more.
what wrong??
I wonder if it is possible makes start the cron when a user visit the web site??
What can i check ??

Thanks
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #256229 by nicolas
Hi,

You need to change both the frequency setting under the cron task tab of the HikaShop configuration (which limit the frequency the cron task system of HikaShop will run so that even if someone calls your cron task URL every second, it will only be triggered when necessary and won't crash your server), and the frequency of the cron task trigger in your hosting cpanel.

If we would make the cron start when a user visit the web site, then the cron tasks wouldn't be regular like you can have them with the current system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #256258 by francota
Just to be sure, I have to change the setting in cron cofiguration of hikashop too, and change 15 with 1 in the screen shot below.
Correct?

Thanks
FRank
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by francota.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #256275 by nicolas
Hi,

That's right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum