Skip to main content

Recently viewed products don't display after update

More
9 years 10 months ago #255325 by Udo
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.20

Hi,

I just upgraded Hikashop Business 2.3.3 to version 2.6.4
The content module Recently Viewed products (Zojuist bekeken) worked fine in version 2.3.3
In the module details Random items is NO, and Recently viewed is YES

However after updating to version 2.6.4 this module shows all products instead of recently viewed products.

It seems like the selection of Recently viewed has no effect anymore.
Changing Random items into YES works fine: then random items are displayed.
After changing it back into NO alas all products are displayed.

A local test version of the website using Joomla 3.6.4 doesnot have this problem.
So perhaps Joomla 2.5 is causing this issue??

Please advise,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255353 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Udo,

We'll actually need more information about how you configured your product listing module through some screenshots so that we can directly reproduce it on our end.

Did you also enabled your module through the "Modules under the product page" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display" ?

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255417 by Udo
Hi Mohamed,

The module was not enabled through the Module under the main area.
Before the update it was enabled, but this got lost during the update.
The same happened to the module for related products.
Nevertheless both modules were displayed under the product page.

I enabled the modules through the Module under the main area. Nothing did change on the website.

Attached are 2 screenshots of the configuration of the Recenlty Viewed module.
This configuration worked fine before the update.
I hope this helps.

Perhaps Hikashop 264 has some new options (since 233) I should check?

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255486 by nicolas
Hi,

You only provided one part of the options of the module.
The synchronize option has to be activated in the related module if you want is to display related products on the product page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255502 by Udo
Hi,

I only provided the Hikashop options (2 images). Attached are the Joomla options too.

The Related Product module works fine.

I feel stupid, I don't even manage to remove the Recently viewd module from the product pages.
Disabling it in 'Modules to display under the main area' has no effect.

regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255503 by nicolas
Hi,

Then maybe it's because you have enabled it in the Joomla modules manager and thus it displays in a position of your template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255544 by Udo
Hi,

Alas, unpublishing the Joomla module has no effect, the problem persists..

Also changing the order in "Modules to display under the main area' has no effect.

Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255562 by nicolas
Hi,

Then make sure that the module is disabled in both the "modules under the main area" and the "modules under the product page" settings of the HikaShop configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255613 by Udo
Hi,

Now one mystery is solved. I was thinking that "modules to display under the main area" and "modules under the product page" were two names for the same thing.
I'm afraid Mohamed caused this confusion by writing -- "Modules under the product page" option via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display" --
Now I discovered "modules under the product page" in Configuration->Main.
And yes, removing the Recently Viewed module via "modules under the product page" is quite simple.

Changing the configuration in "Modules to display under the main area" has no effect. The help section suggests 'do not fill this field', and I notice this field is gone in my local test site using Joomla 364.

But this only was a side road.
The main road of this topic is that the Recently Viewed module displays no recently viewed products.
ff selecting Recently viewed YES and Random items NO it displays all products.
If selecting Recently viewed YES and Random items YES it displays random products.
This mystery is still not solved.

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255616 by nicolas
Hi,

As I said previously, you only provided a part of the options of the related products module. The HikaShop options of the module is in two parts and you only provided the left part. I'm not talking about Joomla options.
So I still don't know how your related products module is configured.
It's normally quite simple: You install HikaShop, you add related products to your products, and the related products module is already configured to display properly the related products under the product page.
So if you don't see the related products, it's probably that either you disabled that module in the "modules under the product page" setting, or that the settings of the module have been changed in an invalid way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255666 by Udo
Hi,
Sorry, it's quite confusing, I'm afraid.

Some days ago I attached the right part of the configuration. I will attach it once more.
Please let me know of this isnot the right part you refer to.

The propblem is not about the related products module, it's about the recently viewed module.

In fact this module is displayed, but it doesnot show the recently viewed products.

I've compared my configuration of this module with the standard configuration of the Recenlty viewed module in a fresh Hiakshop installation. I don't see any difference.

Apparently I am missing something.
Or is it a Joomla 2.5 issue?

Have a nice weekend!
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255670 by nicolas
Hi,

My bad, I didn't see the second screenshot in your previous message.
On top of that, I got confused with the message of Mohamed talking about the "modules under the product page" setting which is only useful for the related products module.

So looking at your screenshots of the module, it is correctly configured to display recently viewed products.
Make sure that the module is still published and disabled in the "modules under the products page" as this is not necessary.
Also, the synchonize setting should be turned off for that module.
And as it is a "recently viewed module", it will only display the products for which you already accessed the product page recently.
So make sure that you access one or two product pages before testing if you see it in the left position of your template where you set it.
And make sure that you turned off the caching on your website since otherwise, the module can display something different for each person and even for different pages for yourself. So once it displays with nothing in it, the cache would keep it empty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255916 by Udo
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Whatever I do, the Recenlty viewed module does not show recently viewed products.

At the start of the session the module should not be displayed at all since one has not visited any product page before.
But from the very start of the session it displays all products in the main category in alphabetical order.

If I turn the synchronise option ON, all products in the category of the currently displayed product are shown in alphabetical order.

It looks like in the module configuration the selection of Recenlty viewed has no effect.

regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255920 by nicolas
Hi,

When you didn't look at any product yet, the module indeed display all the products.
It's only once that you displayed at least one product page that you should see it display the products that you already looked at.
Isn't that the case ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255993 by Udo
Hi,

Indeed, after looking at several product pages the module still displays all products instead of the products I've already looked at.

I'm very surprised that you say that when you didn't look at any product yet, the module displays all products.
This was never the case with my website. In that situation the module did not display at all. It only displayed after looking at a second product, when recently viewed products do exist. That makes sense, I think.
On another local testwebsite using Hikashop 2.6.4 en Joomla 3.6.4 this still is the way the Recently Viewed module works.

regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255998 by nicolas
Hi,

Then can you provide a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check on that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #256294 by Udo
Hi,

I was curious if the problem would persist in Joomla 3.6.4.
So I did a new test. On a local XAMPP installation I upgrade a copy of the Joomla 2.5.8 website.
I was pleased to note that the problem disappeared in the 3.6.4 version of the website. The Recently viewed module displays as it used to do in Hikashop 2.3.3.

Apparently the problem is connected with the Joomla version, at least on my website.
Within a week I'll upgrade the live site to Joomla 3.6.4 and I trust this will solve the problem.

If not, I will contact you again.

Thanks,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #257604 by Udo
Hi,
Just a confirmation that the problem is solved by updating Joomla 2.5.28 to Joomla 3.6.4

regards,
Udo
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum