- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 10 months ago #256689
by dancingkazzaf
Setting up automatic mass action from CSV was created by dancingkazzaf
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
I a trying to setup a mass action so a CSV is pulled in from the server every so often so that I can update some details on my products. I have just created a cron job. Then setup a mass action for the file location etc. But nothing seems to be happening.
The cron job is saying its triggering but no prices are getting updated.
I have supplied a few screenshots of my settings.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hello,
I a trying to setup a mass action so a CSV is pulled in from the server every so often so that I can update some details on my products. I have just created a cron job. Then setup a mass action for the file location etc. But nothing seems to be happening.
The cron job is saying its triggering but no prices are getting updated.
I have supplied a few screenshots of my settings.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #256720
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
Hi,
I would first recommend to test the mass action itself with the "process" button at the top.
What does it says when you do that ?
I would first recommend to test the mass action itself with the "process" button at the top.
What does it says when you do that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #256889
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
Hello,
here is a screen shot of what appears. I imagine the reason why those other products didn't import is because they have nothing to replace.
here is a screen shot of what appears. I imagine the reason why those other products didn't import is because they have nothing to replace.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #256891
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
Hi,
So you mean that you had other products in the CSV ?
Did they get updated ?
Could you provide a copy of the CSV you're using ?
It's normal that you got these products not imported lines since you didn't check the checkbox of the filter to import products not found.
So you mean that you had other products in the CSV ?
Did they get updated ?
Could you provide a copy of the CSV you're using ?
It's normal that you got these products not imported lines since you didn't check the checkbox of the filter to import products not found.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #256999
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
No products got updated when I clicked the process button, okay that makes sense.
I have attached the CSV for you.
I have just noticed as well that I had all my variants created but since processing the mass action, all the variants have disappeared and no variants are available. Why would it not replace the data their instead of overriding everything?
I have attached the CSV for you.
I have just noticed as well that I had all my variants created but since processing the mass action, all the variants have disappeared and no variants are available. Why would it not replace the data their instead of overriding everything?
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by dancingkazzaf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #257035
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
Hi,
I would recommend removing the product_parent_id column from your CSV.
If you have it, then the system expect to have the parent row also in the CSV and also a column for each characteristic with the values of each variant for each characteristic, etc.
So since you only want to update the variants, data, and not create/rearrange them, you should not have that product_parent_id column.
That's probably why it messed your variants.
You say that no products were updated. But how do you know ?
On your CSV, all the entries have a product_parent_id, so that means that you don't have any product in your CSV, only variants.
You say that the variants got messed up, which means that the system updated them (in a wrong way because of the product_parent_id column, but still).
I would recommend removing the product_parent_id column from your CSV.
If you have it, then the system expect to have the parent row also in the CSV and also a column for each characteristic with the values of each variant for each characteristic, etc.
So since you only want to update the variants, data, and not create/rearrange them, you should not have that product_parent_id column.
That's probably why it messed your variants.
You say that no products were updated. But how do you know ?
On your CSV, all the entries have a product_parent_id, so that means that you don't have any product in your CSV, only variants.
You say that the variants got messed up, which means that the system updated them (in a wrong way because of the product_parent_id column, but still).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dancingkazzaf
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 256
- Thank you received: 2
9 years 9 months ago #257117
by dancingkazzaf
Replied by dancingkazzaf on topic Setting up automatic mass action from CSV
Hello,
Yes you was right it is updating just not correctly.
I updated the CSV and removed the product_parent_id column and also added the main product code under the product_code column and it works great.
Even tested the cron job and that updates the CSV fine too. Thanks for your help.
Yes you was right it is updating just not correctly.
I updated the CSV and removed the product_parent_id column and also added the main product code under the product_code column and it works great.
Even tested the cron job and that updates the CSV fine too. Thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds