- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
To define a new type of product
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 9 months ago #258681
by PeterChain
To define a new type of product was created by PeterChain
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
AFAIK actually is working with two product type: Product and Variant.
i would take advantage of the HikaShop content creation system and avoid installing third components to create some kind of 'Shop list'.
This would be a brief set of custom fields together with core fields to create alist of shops selling my products, they would be shown in a special page as a product list.
But I don't want this certain product to be viewed anywhere else even not the search engine of joomla/hikashop.
So I thought about defining a new type of product namend "shops" that would be written in the product_type column of the product table.
I know how to do this, create my special form template to maintain this elements, etc. But I don't know if this can have unexpected consequences in the whole working of the HikaShop/HikaMarket ecosystem.
Are all views and operations always explicitly taking care of only treating with products or variants?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
AFAIK actually is working with two product type: Product and Variant.
i would take advantage of the HikaShop content creation system and avoid installing third components to create some kind of 'Shop list'.
This would be a brief set of custom fields together with core fields to create alist of shops selling my products, they would be shown in a special page as a product list.
But I don't want this certain product to be viewed anywhere else even not the search engine of joomla/hikashop.
So I thought about defining a new type of product namend "shops" that would be written in the product_type column of the product table.
I know how to do this, create my special form template to maintain this elements, etc. But I don't know if this can have unexpected consequences in the whole working of the HikaShop/HikaMarket ecosystem.
Are all views and operations always explicitly taking care of only treating with products or variants?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 9 months ago #258683
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic To define a new type of product
Hi,
HikaMarket is using the product_type "template" and I don't think that you have encountered an issue with these "products"
So you shouldn't have any issue by using a new kind of product_type (but I just recommend you to not take a generic name in order to avoid possible future conflict).
Regards,
PS : Just a little note. HikaShop 3.6.4 is not a valid version number.
HikaMarket is using the product_type "template" and I don't think that you have encountered an issue with these "products"
So you shouldn't have any issue by using a new kind of product_type (but I just recommend you to not take a generic name in order to avoid possible future conflict).
Regards,
PS : Just a little note. HikaShop 3.6.4 is not a valid version number.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterChain
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds