- Posts: 281
- Thank you received: 3
100 strange email cron job
9 years 8 months ago #259203
by francota
100 strange email cron job was created by francota
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello
Today I recieved about 100 emails for every minute with object:
Cron <mtyvffgb@out1> lynx -source " dominio.it/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null
and text:
Looking up www.dominio.it
Making HTTP connection to www.dominio.it
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
lynx: Can't access startfile www.dominio.it/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron
Why that??
what do you think
Thanks
Frank
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
Hello
Today I recieved about 100 emails for every minute with object:
Cron <mtyvffgb@out1> lynx -source " dominio.it/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron " > /dev/null
and text:
Looking up www.dominio.it
Making HTTP connection to www.dominio.it
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
lynx: Can't access startfile www.dominio.it/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron
Why that??
what do you think
Thanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #259209
by francota
Replied by francota on topic 100 strange email cron job
NOw the text of the message is :
<div class="alert alert-info alert-block"><button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert">×</button><p>Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2017-01-10 22:24</p></div>
I deleted the cron in the cpanel couse it kept sanding mails every minute
Frank
<div class="alert alert-info alert-block"><button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert">×</button><p>Cron di HikaShop cominciato a 2017-01-10 22:24</p></div>
I deleted the cron in the cpanel couse it kept sanding mails every minute
Frank
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by francota.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259210
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic 100 strange email cron job
Hi,
You should see with your hosting to make these cron task "silent" because you don't want to be noticed by mail for every cron task execution every minute !
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html
Please understand that it's not related to HikaShop at all but the way that the cron job has been created and configured.
Regards,
You should see with your hosting to make these cron task "silent" because you don't want to be noticed by mail for every cron task execution every minute !
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ashop-cron-task.html
Please understand that it's not related to HikaShop at all but the way that the cron job has been created and configured.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259317
by francota
Replied by francota on topic 100 strange email cron job
Yes I understand your point 
They sayd me to use after the comand /dev/null, do you think that it can help you??
YOu know just now I saw that in your documentation at the end of the comand there is /dev/null too but I am not sure if I used before or not.
However I rebuilt the cron so I will see what will be going on
Thanks Frank
They sayd me to use after the comand /dev/null, do you think that it can help you??
YOu know just now I saw that in your documentation at the end of the comand there is /dev/null too but I am not sure if I used before or not.
However I rebuilt the cron so I will see what will be going on
Thanks Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259322
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic 100 strange email cron job
Hi,
If you have issues with "lynx", I recommend you to use "wget" instead.
Afterwards, " > " allow to redirect the stream ; but there are several stream in linux, and the error stream is handle by " 2> ".
Generally we do not recommend to catch that error stream because if there is an error, the best is to know about it ; so if lynx generate you errors which are not errors, best would be to check if wget is working better (with no data sent in the error stream).
Regards,
If you have issues with "lynx", I recommend you to use "wget" instead.
Afterwards, " > " allow to redirect the stream ; but there are several stream in linux, and the error stream is handle by " 2> ".
Generally we do not recommend to catch that error stream because if there is an error, the best is to know about it ; so if lynx generate you errors which are not errors, best would be to check if wget is working better (with no data sent in the error stream).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259394
by francota
Replied by francota on topic 100 strange email cron job
You know the strange is that before I didn't have any problem with lynx, all of a sudden I received all those emails.
Now I made again the cron with lynx and I dont have problem again.
What do yuo think, for your experience , why sudden I recieved the emails??
Frank
Now I made again the cron with lynx and I dont have problem again.
What do yuo think, for your experience , why sudden I recieved the emails??
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #259396
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic 100 strange email cron job
Hi,
We don't know. Our cron in our servers are always working fine.
Regards,
We don't know. Our cron in our servers are always working fine.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds