- Posts: 139
- Thank you received: 10
0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
9 years 8 months ago #260562
by paurray
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.finalbug.net/hikashop-menu-for-categ...ct/5-resolve-11-edit
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
Hello Hikashop
This is weird.
I had this working and to the best of my knowledge nothing has changed.
My shop page is only available for admins.
But if I have admin access and go here:
www.finalbug.net/hikashop-menu-for-categ...ct/5-resolve-11-edit
And have the product "Resolve 11 Edit" active:
And click on Add to cart I get the following message:
0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
Any ideas what this is about?
thanks in advance
Paul
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.23
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
Hello Hikashop
This is weird.
I had this working and to the best of my knowledge nothing has changed.
My shop page is only available for admins.
But if I have admin access and go here:
www.finalbug.net/hikashop-menu-for-categ...ct/5-resolve-11-edit
And have the product "Resolve 11 Edit" active:
And click on Add to cart I get the following message:
0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
Any ideas what this is about?
thanks in advance
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260566
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
Hi,
That's an error linked to the cache system of Joomla not being able to access its folder:
stackoverflow.com/questions/38348225/an-...rted-on-this-platfor
That's an error linked to the cache system of Joomla not being able to access its folder:
stackoverflow.com/questions/38348225/an-...rted-on-this-platfor
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #260817
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic 0: The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform.
hi Nicolas & any one else who might run into this...
I think what happened is this.
I hit the ceiling on my MySQL data base and deleted a pile of old stuff that I no longer need from the Joomla back end.
There was some kind of problem with the Cache in the cPanel and although I deleted a pile of stuff the MySQL data bank did not get smaller...
Enter Siteground step 01:
Question: Deleting files does not reduce the size of my database?
Answer: I have actually found out that there was a cache in the Cpanel and our tool, which was calculating the Database size.
After which I got the error message described above.
Enter Siteground step 02:
Question: 0 The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform. Why etc?
Answer: I have checked and found that the cache folder was missing. I have created it for your application and now all should be back to normal. Clear the browser cache, re-test the website and if any problem persists provide us the exact steps....
So it sound to me like some one cleared the cache by throwing out a folder and forgot to put an empty one there in its place or similar!
thank you and all the best
Paul
I think what happened is this.
I hit the ceiling on my MySQL data base and deleted a pile of old stuff that I no longer need from the Joomla back end.
There was some kind of problem with the Cache in the cPanel and although I deleted a pile of stuff the MySQL data bank did not get smaller...
Enter Siteground step 01:
Question: Deleting files does not reduce the size of my database?
Answer: I have actually found out that there was a cache in the Cpanel and our tool, which was calculating the Database size.
After which I got the error message described above.
Enter Siteground step 02:
Question: 0 The file Cache Storage is not supported on this platform. Why etc?
Answer: I have checked and found that the cache folder was missing. I have created it for your application and now all should be back to normal. Clear the browser cache, re-test the website and if any problem persists provide us the exact steps....
So it sound to me like some one cleared the cache by throwing out a folder and forgot to put an empty one there in its place or similar!
thank you and all the best
Paul
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by paurray.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds