Skip to main content

Update 2.6.4 to 3.1

More
9 years 3 months ago #272081 by ltempest
Update 2.6.4 to 3.1 was created by ltempest
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hello,
I have a clients website with HikaShop 2.6.4 installed. I'm wondering if updating to 3.1 is of any benefit?

I have tried the update on a local MAMP install and everything seems to still work, even the template overrides.

I cannot see any real differences to the site either via the frontend or backend all be it the Configuration is styled a little differently.

I know the 3.1 now has a different checkout process via AJAX? how can I activate this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272093 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update 2.6.4 to 3.1
Hi,

Yes, we did our best so that you get as little change as little when you update.
If you want to activate the new checkout and the new add to cart system, you can go in the HikaShop configuration, under the "advanced" tab and turn off the options with "legacy" in them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272408 by ltempest
Replied by ltempest on topic Update 2.6.4 to 3.1
Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply, I'm working on a development site turning on all the 'new' functions of version 3. Now when I try and adda product to the cart it tries to add the product nothing happens but then returns this error in the console of dev tools:

Uncaught ReferenceError: hikashopModifyQuantity is not defined at HTMLAnchorElement.onclick

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272420 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Update 2.6.4 to 3.1
Hi,

That function doesn't exist with the new add to cart system. So it's normal that you get that error.
The issue is that this function shouldn't be called. That means that you have a view override which displays the old add to cart buttons instead of the new ones and thus they try to use the old method even though it is not available.
You'll have to identify the view override which does that, delete it, and potentially merge your modifications to the new version of the view. It must be one of the files in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum