Skip to main content

Create new Field and show on product for customer to select date

More
9 years 3 months ago #272167 by spytech
Hi, I am new to HikkaShop and have created a new product called date. When users select a product they need to select the date against each product. So in other words every product will have a date against it.

How do I get the new date field to show up on the product when someone views it?

Thanks a lot,

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272184 by nicolas
Hi,

You can go in the menu Display>Custom fields and create a new custom field of the type "advanced date picker" and of the table "item".
The following user(s) said Thank You: spytech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272203 by spytech
Great, that works. Can I ask why you select 'Item' and not 'Product' in the table option? Also my date picker options were only 'Simple Date Picker', I don't have "advanced date picker". My date does not seem to popup with the date options. See here wrappetite.co.uk/hikashop-menu-for-categ...uct/4-sandwich-pesto

Any help would be appreciated,

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272211 by nicolas
Hi,

Because "product" is for you to add information to the products in the backend while "item" is for your customers to add information to the product in their cart.

What do you mean by "My date does not seem to popup with the date options" ?
I do see the date selector on your link: monosnap.com/file/hK06Z4lpd5lSkl1cGpXJBrLLAKgEnP

The "Advanced date picker" choice will only appear if you have the HikaShop advanced date picker field plugin activated in the Joomla plugins manager, so check on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272267 by spytech
Hi, so if you click the date picker once and then click away, you can not click the date dicker again. I tried it on Firefox and chrome, same issue. Thanks for the explainationa about 'product' vs 'item' that is helpful to know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #272277 by nicolas
Hi,

When clicking again on the date picker, I get that error in the console of the browser:
monosnap.com/file/Bbjk6eAlK7WkZeWsIj93RE7jdyvAWr
It comes from the file /media/system/js/fields/calendar-locales/date/gregorian/date-helper.min.js

I've looked into it and it seems to come from the format of the custom field which isn't supported by the new date picker of Joomla 3.7

Change the format to for example: %Y-%m-%d
The following user(s) said Thank You: spytech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #273561 by spytech
Adding %Y-%m-%d fixed the issue, great! Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum