- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
custom fields gone again in backend form
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
Hello,
I updated yesterday to 3.1.1 and the custom fields are gone again on the backend form / invoice. All the setting for showing are set to YES and all the VIEW files are default. When I check the database the fields are EMPTY!
Please help, I can't see what customers are ordering now!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What do you mean by again ?
You had that problem before ?
Which version did you use before the update ?
Could you provide a link to a product page with the custom fields so that we can see the issue ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the rest of the settings of the custom field ?
Did you customize the invoice view file ?
If you remove the customization, does it work ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Yes by again I mean you solved it in this post:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/890357-n...tting-a-product.html
you made a patch for that , that was the version I used before this update
Now the fields are shown on the checkout, but for any reason not stored in the database.
For now,I reinstalled an older version, as the orders I received couldn't be handled. So there's no use in providing a link.
As I mentioned there's no customization on the VIEW files, in the database the custom fields are EMPTY.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
I made a test on the new website that's in testmode. I found out that the problem occurs when the "Legacy checkout" is set to YES in advanced settings (and Bootstrap design set to YES too).
When setting this to NO, the fields are working fine in the order backend, when again set to YES, the problem is back.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Checking that thread will probably help you :
www.hikashop.com/forum/orders-management...back-end.html#272603
Note that you can also download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
This is quite frustrating. Ok, I updated and the fields are visible again in the orderdetails. But still not in the product edition form in the backend. See screenshots. It looks like when I remove all the categories in the restrictions tab, it does show up in the form.
Besides that, when creating a new order as admin in the backend generates a lot of empty productlines wich can't be deleted, see screenshot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Wouldn't that just mean that this product is not in one of the categories of your custom item field ?
Because I tested it on my end and I do get the custom item field for the product when editing it in the backend as long as the product is in at least one of the categories of the custom item field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Yes that would be the obvious reason, but that's not the fact. The product does exist in on of the categories assigned.
When making a testorder the fields are shown in the frontend, but again not in the order, see screenshots. When I change the legacy checkout to NO the fields are all displayed in the orderdetails, but then the registrationform is really messed up again (screenshot 3).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then I don't know. We'll need a backend and FTP access as well as the instructions to be able to look at the issue on the website since we don't have the issue on our end.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
I've sended you the login a week ago. Were you able to look further into this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We didn't get anything.
Could you send them again and make sure that you add a link to this thread so that we know what to do with them ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I got the message this time. However, it didn't contain the URL of your website (and you didn't provide it on this thread, so I'm not sure which website we're talking about) or a FTP access that we'll need to debug the issue. Could you provide these too please ?
Could you also provide precise instructions ? Which order number should we look at and what is the column name of the custom field to look at ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Ordernumber 106316 setting Legacy checkout is set to YES.
Ordernumber 106317 setting Legacy checkout is set to NO.
It also add a partner id from a product that is not sold at all?
order placed with this URL:
www.jouwnaambord.nl/basisborden/basis-na...rd-plexiglas-de-luxe
some custom field / Column names that are missing:
lettertype
tekstopbord
opmerkingen_wensen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
If you take a look at the ordernumbers I mentioned, you'll see the differecnce between the two, as they both had the same input at ordering. The difference is the legacy choices.
you ignore the
The registrationform is looking ok now (as far as you ignore the misalignment of the name and inputfields), because I set the Legacy checkout to NO. When set to YES the regform is messed up.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are your products variants ?
I submit a patch few days ago in order to fix something related to the loading of item custom fields in the cart for variants when the fields have category restrictions.
That item field loading can affect the order creation because the algorithm is using the cart item list.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Yes they are. I downloaded the latest version and installed it. That didn't solve the problem. I use the non legacy checkout now in combination with "Use bootstrap" set to NO. Then the fields are all submitted to the order as they should.
Also, when a product is assigned to more than one category, it gets a 10% discount (wich shouldn't, because this should only apply when a customer order more than 1 product). When assigning the product only to a single category, it works fine???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Try changing the code:
That should make the custom item fields restricted to categories/products work properly even for variants even with the legacy checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jouwnaambord.nl
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 515
- Thank you received: 22
Still, when a product is assigned to more than one category, it gets a 10% discount (wich shouldn't, because this should only apply when a customer order more than 1 product). When assigning the product to a single category, it works fine???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.