Problem with update
9 years 1 week ago #279183
by thomasf
Problem with update was created by thomasf
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hi,
before updating my working site from 2.6.4 to the latest 3.2, I was trying to update on my localhost Wamp. This is the error:
Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package
Further. When updated, are the language files and the list view changes I made before like listing.php changed, or can I just overwrite them with my old listing.php for the view I had before? (also the show_aditional.php and show_products.php and shipping.php and view.html.php tc.?)
Thanks and regards
Thomas
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7
Hi,
before updating my working site from 2.6.4 to the latest 3.2, I was trying to update on my localhost Wamp. This is the error:
Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Unable to find install package
Further. When updated, are the language files and the list view changes I made before like listing.php changed, or can I just overwrite them with my old listing.php for the view I had before? (also the show_aditional.php and show_products.php and shipping.php and view.html.php tc.?)
Thanks and regards
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 week ago #279223
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem with update
Hi,
As the error message says, you need to increase the upload_max_filesize and post_max_size of your php.ini.
stackoverflow.com/questions/24262606/edit-php-ini-file
If you edited directly the language files and the view files, then you'll loose them after the update.
However, if you've done the changes with overrides, like we recommend (via the "override" textarea for the language files in the HikaShop configuration and via the Display>Views menu for the views), then the update won't remove your changes.
As the error message says, you need to increase the upload_max_filesize and post_max_size of your php.ini.
stackoverflow.com/questions/24262606/edit-php-ini-file
If you edited directly the language files and the view files, then you'll loose them after the update.
However, if you've done the changes with overrides, like we recommend (via the "override" textarea for the language files in the HikaShop configuration and via the Display>Views menu for the views), then the update won't remove your changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomasf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #279332
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic Problem with update
Hi Nicolas,
thanks for your reply.
As I am on 2.6 and want to upgrade to 3.2, the main question now is, is it ok to manually upload my old language and listing php files after the upgrade, even its from 2.6 to 3.2? To be precise, those files wont destroy the new type of shop script or?
If that's ok I can proceed without worries.
For the future I will follow the recommended way of doing changes.
Thanks again and regards
Thomas
PS: Oh btw, will Alpha User Points still work under 3.2?
thanks for your reply.
As I am on 2.6 and want to upgrade to 3.2, the main question now is, is it ok to manually upload my old language and listing php files after the upgrade, even its from 2.6 to 3.2? To be precise, those files wont destroy the new type of shop script or?
If that's ok I can proceed without worries.
For the future I will follow the recommended way of doing changes.
Thanks again and regards
Thomas
PS: Oh btw, will Alpha User Points still work under 3.2?
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by thomasf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 week ago #279342
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Problem with update
Hi,
The language file is not a problem. But the view files could potentially break. You need to test before on a copy of the website.
HikaShop 3.2.0 still works with AlphaUserPoints. However, I'm not sure whether AlphaUserPoints can work with the latest versions of Joomla. You might want to switch to AltaUserPoints instead, which is a fork of AlphaUserPoints and which basically is its replacement.
The language file is not a problem. But the view files could potentially break. You need to test before on a copy of the website.
HikaShop 3.2.0 still works with AlphaUserPoints. However, I'm not sure whether AlphaUserPoints can work with the latest versions of Joomla. You might want to switch to AltaUserPoints instead, which is a fork of AlphaUserPoints and which basically is its replacement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomasf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 week ago #279403
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic Problem with update
I will try as you have suggested. Thanks a lot !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 week ago #279404
by thomasf
Replied by thomasf on topic Problem with update
Hi,
I increased both as shown in the error message:
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Both to 8M
Still the same error
Regards and thanks for your help
Thomas
I increased both as shown in the error message:
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Both to 8M
Still the same error
Regards and thanks for your help
Thomas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 6 days ago #279435
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Problem with update
Hello,
1 - Please understand that your issue is not related to HikaShop nor our support.
2 - Please check that your modification are right handle by your server ; do some checks, read the phpinfo.. And read documentation over the Internet to help you with that.
Regards,
1 - Please understand that your issue is not related to HikaShop nor our support.
2 - Please check that your modification are right handle by your server ; do some checks, read the phpinfo.. And read documentation over the Internet to help you with that.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds