- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 5
Customized View - Hikashop Updates
8 years 9 months ago #284437
by p3.chuck
Customized View - Hikashop Updates was created by p3.chuck
Hi,
I've found how to edit a view and I have the PHP knowledge to make the changes that I'd like. What I'd like to know is if I edit the view (Hikashop Configuration->Display->Views->Front End Shipping, will these changes be overwritten by future updates?
Please let me know as I don't want to have to do this each time you release an update.
Thanks,
Chuck W.
I've found how to edit a view and I have the PHP knowledge to make the changes that I'd like. What I'd like to know is if I edit the view (Hikashop Configuration->Display->Views->Front End Shipping, will these changes be overwritten by future updates?
Please let me know as I don't want to have to do this each time you release an update.
Thanks,
Chuck W.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #284445
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Customized View - Hikashop Updates
Hi,
No, these changes are stored as view overrides in the template (like standard Joomla view overrides):
docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_outp...rom_the_Joomla!_core
When you update HikaShop, the view overrides will still be there.
And the template updates are also not supposed to remove view overrides.
No, these changes are stored as view overrides in the template (like standard Joomla view overrides):
docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_outp...rom_the_Joomla!_core
When you update HikaShop, the view overrides will still be there.
And the template updates are also not supposed to remove view overrides.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds