- Posts: 461
- Thank you received: 36
HikaShop update alert
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 63
Hi guys,
Please, I don't understand how should work the HikaShop update alert into Joomla Update.
I mean, during the last updates I never been adivised from the Joomla Update that there is a new HikaShop version.
PS into Extensions > Update Sites: HikaShop ( www.hikashop.com/component/updateme/upda...v/file-extension.xml ) is enabled.
For example, right now I have installed the 3.2.1 and no messages tell me there is available the 3.2.2 (while I'm been advised for HikaSubscription new version).
Also if I go into HikaShop Update / about and check, tell me the version 3.2.1 is the last one...
Please, Am I missing anything ?
Then, technically, update HikaShop through the Joomla Update system or download the package and install it via the Joomla installer is exactly exactly the same thing or not (any small differences) ?!?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We didn't activate yet the update system. We're waiting for more feedback before activating it so that live shops have less probability to break when they see that an update is available and update their HikaShop.
So if you update manually before you get the automatic update notification you won't get it.
We'll probably activate it by the end of the week.
We only activate the automatic update notification right after a release when there is a security fix.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
concluding the speech, technically, update HikaShop through the Joomla Update system or download the package and install it via the Joomla installer is exactly exactly the same thing, right ?
Or, Are there any small differences ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The final action is the same ; it will download the current HikaShop package and install it.
But for the Joomla update system ; you can just to it once the release is marked as "stable" in our side.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
really an annoying thing, seem the situation with HikaShop Business 3.3.0 and HikaSubscription 2.1.0 is still the same, no update alert into Joomla Update.
Please, definitively, Do we have to consider the feature as removed ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your message or your question.
Please read our previous message which already explain the situation.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I don't understand if the feature is definitely simply turned off or not...nicolas wrote: We didn't activate yet the update system. We're waiting for more feedback before activating it so that live shops have less probability to break when they see that an update is available and update their HikaShop...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1 - We do a release.
CF : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
2 - After some time, when we have enough feedback, we activate the automatic update.
Nothing less, nothing more !
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.