- Posts: 281
- Thank you received: 3
dimension of the db very big
8 years 8 months ago #285843
by francota
dimension of the db very big was created by francota
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
Hello
I was just moving my website in other space and I noted that the db is more than 20Mb for 230 products...not too much
Do you think it is normal?? or could there be any problems??
Let me know please
Thanks
Frank
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
Hello
I was just moving my website in other space and I noted that the db is more than 20Mb for 230 products...not too much
Do you think it is normal?? or could there be any problems??
Let me know please
Thanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285848
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic dimension of the db very big
Hi,
The number of products doesn't mean anything regarding the size of the database.
You can have a database of 20MB with tens of thousands of products.
And you can have a database of 2GB with 10 products.
It depends what extension you have, how you configured them, how much traffic is on the website, etc.
For example, the database of our website is close to 1000 MB and there are only 30/40 products. Most of the space is taken by the forum in our case.
In any case 20MB is not that much for a Joomla website database. So I wouldn't worry.
The number of products doesn't mean anything regarding the size of the database.
You can have a database of 20MB with tens of thousands of products.
And you can have a database of 2GB with 10 products.
It depends what extension you have, how you configured them, how much traffic is on the website, etc.
For example, the database of our website is close to 1000 MB and there are only 30/40 products. Most of the space is taken by the forum in our case.
In any case 20MB is not that much for a Joomla website database. So I wouldn't worry.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds