- Posts: 149
- Thank you received: 6
Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
8 years 3 months ago #294635
by icomex
Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals was created by icomex
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
restaurantmegastore.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.14
Upon launching a Hikashop 3.4.0 site we discovered an annoyance involving Joomla's SEF URL settings.
On the checkout page, using the latest layout, various block components are updated via AJAX as the user submits information. If they submit valid information, everything goes well, but if they submit invalid information while SEF URLS is turned on, we get an error page reporting "page not found: submitblock". If we turn SEF URLs off, we get a normal error response.
Pictures below include the sample data submitted to the Authorize.net payment plugin.
The response if SEF URLs was turned off.
The response with SEF URLs turned on.
This same behavior has been found if a user attempts to log in on the checkout page with an incorrect password.
The javascript console in the browser reports an error that a page was not loaded, in the payment plugin's case the unfound url was " restaurantmegastore.com/cart/checkout/submitblock/tmpl-raw "
At the moment, we're turning the site's SEF URLs off, but that's not workable for long.
Any suggestions?
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.14
Upon launching a Hikashop 3.4.0 site we discovered an annoyance involving Joomla's SEF URL settings.
On the checkout page, using the latest layout, various block components are updated via AJAX as the user submits information. If they submit valid information, everything goes well, but if they submit invalid information while SEF URLS is turned on, we get an error page reporting "page not found: submitblock". If we turn SEF URLs off, we get a normal error response.
Pictures below include the sample data submitted to the Authorize.net payment plugin.
The response if SEF URLs was turned off.
The response with SEF URLs turned on.
This same behavior has been found if a user attempts to log in on the checkout page with an incorrect password.
The javascript console in the browser reports an error that a page was not loaded, in the payment plugin's case the unfound url was " restaurantmegastore.com/cart/checkout/submitblock/tmpl-raw "
At the moment, we're turning the site's SEF URLs off, but that's not workable for long.
Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294676
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
Hi,
We would need to be able to reproduce the issue to be able to say anything useful.
So far, no one else reported such problem, so I'm inclined to think that either you tested that while your user session had expired and thus the token of your checkout was invalid (and thus joomla refused the requests), or you have some security component which blocks the requests for some reason.
Coudl you provide instructions so that we could look at the problem (like make a copy of the website where you can activate the SEF) and check on these points ?
We would need to be able to reproduce the issue to be able to say anything useful.
So far, no one else reported such problem, so I'm inclined to think that either you tested that while your user session had expired and thus the token of your checkout was invalid (and thus joomla refused the requests), or you have some security component which blocks the requests for some reason.
Coudl you provide instructions so that we could look at the problem (like make a copy of the website where you can activate the SEF) and check on these points ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294682
by icomex
Replied by icomex on topic Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
Information on our pre-launch (staging) site below. I'll see if I can replicate the problem on a new Hikashop installation this afternoon.
Go to staging site, add an item to the cart, go to checkout (in menu under cart, or through small cart), and try to log in with a made up name and password.
Then go to admin and turn on SEF and repeat.
That should show you the behavior.
Thank you for your help.
This message contains confidential information
Go to staging site, add an item to the cart, go to checkout (in menu under cart, or through small cart), and try to log in with a made up name and password.
Then go to admin and turn on SEF and repeat.
That should show you the behavior.
Thank you for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294705
by icomex
Replied by icomex on topic Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
Well, I downloaded the misbehaving development site and then compared its files to a freshly installed joomla site with matching installations of hikashop, template, Akeeba tools and JCE editor.
Attached is the comparison, which at first glance doesn't seem to differ in any areas which might cause an issue like this. Mostly artwork, template and normal customization. I don't know how our custom shipping plugin would interfere with forms like the login, but disabling it made no difference.
All my other customizations were thought Hikashop interfaces except CSS which I handled through the template's style interface.
I even compared the .htaccess files, but there were no differences, and emptied every cache I could.
I'm still stumped.
Attached is the comparison, which at first glance doesn't seem to differ in any areas which might cause an issue like this. Mostly artwork, template and normal customization. I don't know how our custom shipping plugin would interfere with forms like the login, but disabling it made no difference.
All my other customizations were thought Hikashop interfaces except CSS which I handled through the template's style interface.
I even compared the .htaccess files, but there were no differences, and emptied every cache I could.
I'm still stumped.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294774
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
Hi,
It's a special SEF issue with the fact that you have a menu item with the alias "checkout" which is a sub menu of another menu item.
Change the menu item alias to something else and it will work fine.
I've changed it to "shop-checkout" for you on your test website and it's now working fine as far as I can see.
It's a special SEF issue with the fact that you have a menu item with the alias "checkout" which is a sub menu of another menu item.
Change the menu item alias to something else and it will work fine.
I've changed it to "shop-checkout" for you on your test website and it's now working fine as far as I can see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: icomex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 3 months ago #294780
by icomex
Replied by icomex on topic Joomla SEF URLs interfere with Hikashop Modals
FANTASTIC!
I was completely stumped about it and was slowly re-creting the site locally a bit at a time to see when it cropped up! I'll keep an eye on that in the future.
Thank you very much for your help! It is greatly appreciated!
I was completely stumped about it and was slowly re-creting the site locally a bit at a time to see when it cropped up! I'll keep an eye on that in the future.
Thank you very much for your help! It is greatly appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds