- Posts: 94
- Thank you received: 0
Manual Shipping Methods
8 years 5 days ago #298538
by paul_sugg
Manual Shipping Methods was created by paul_sugg
-- url of the page with the problem -- : itl-vacuum.com/shop
I am getting the message
The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods
But it looks correctly configured
I am getting the message
The cart items combined weight is too small for all the possible shipping methods
But it looks correctly configured
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 days ago #298540
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Hi,
Can you provide precise instructions to reproduce the problem ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of the product used for that test so that we can check its settings ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the listing of shipping methods in the menu System>Shipping methods ?
Can you provide precise instructions to reproduce the problem ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of the product used for that test so that we can check its settings ?
Can you provide a screenshot of the listing of shipping methods in the menu System>Shipping methods ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 4 days ago #298578
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Some background - we have set up the UPS plugin and it seems to work fine - but as the client may change carrier I have set up some manual shipping methods as a back up.
Go to this product:
itl-vacuum.com/shop/online-catalogue/cat...uick-clamp-aliminium
When you add a KF16C to the cart and check out if it is sending to UK or europe it works fine but if I send to a US address I get the message above.
Go to this product:
itl-vacuum.com/shop/online-catalogue/cat...uick-clamp-aliminium
When you add a KF16C to the cart and check out if it is sending to UK or europe it works fine but if I send to a US address I get the message above.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
8 years 4 days ago #298585
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Hello,
I just tried to test it in your website using the access you previously gave us but I wasn't able to check your shipping methods and your product didn't have any weight / dimensions set.
That error will only mean that :
- All the shipping methods your created can't be used with that product / shipping address
- A shipping method could have been used if the total weight of your cart was higher that its "minimum weight" option.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
I just tried to test it in your website using the access you previously gave us but I wasn't able to check your shipping methods and your product didn't have any weight / dimensions set.
That error will only mean that :
- All the shipping methods your created can't be used with that product / shipping address
- A shipping method could have been used if the total weight of your cart was higher that its "minimum weight" option.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 1 day ago #298708
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Manual Shipping Methods
But the item does have a weight??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
8 years 15 hours ago - 8 years 1 day ago #298713
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Hello,
I checked again if you had shipping methods or if you have set a weight on your product and here are screenshots of what I have.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
I checked again if you had shipping methods or if you have set a weight on your product and here are screenshots of what I have.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #298761
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Please check again in the shop - you are in the catalogue.
itl-vacuum.co.uk/shop - same logins
itl-vacuum.co.uk/shop - same logins
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #298777
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Hello,
I just tested it with the correct URL, and I wasn't able to have the "weight is too small" error message with an US shipping address (cf. screenshot).
Did you fix your issue ?
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
I just tested it with the correct URL, and I wasn't able to have the "weight is too small" error message with an US shipping address (cf. screenshot).
Did you fix your issue ?
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #298815
by paul_sugg
Replied by paul_sugg on topic Manual Shipping Methods
As mentioned earlier in the thread - the error happens with manual shipping options (which I have turned off because of this problem) the UPS shipping method works. BUT one issue we have with the UPS option is when logged in as a UK user the delivery in the cart module (position left) defaults to worldwide shipping which makes the cost look very high and may deter customers. When you checkout however it corrects itself - any ideas on this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #298823
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Manual Shipping Methods
Hello,
The issue you're having with your manual shipping methods is coming from how you have configured the "Zone" option of the "Worldwide Standard 5 Day Shipping" method which seems to be the "EU/UK" zone.
Regarding the shipping prices displayed through the cart module, these are approximations, a solution can be to change the ordering of your shipping methods via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods" and have the UPS shipping method be last.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
The issue you're having with your manual shipping methods is coming from how you have configured the "Zone" option of the "Worldwide Standard 5 Day Shipping" method which seems to be the "EU/UK" zone.
Regarding the shipping prices displayed through the cart module, these are approximations, a solution can be to change the ordering of your shipping methods via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods" and have the UPS shipping method be last.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds