- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
Where is the "Views" PHP file for editing the product pages?
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 3 days ago #311629
by joshualdouglas
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38
Hi Hikashop Support,
I'm trying to edit the layout of a product page. Making changes in CSS isn't enough, as I want to change the structure of these pages. From what I understand, I will need to edit a "Views" PHP file. Is this correct? If yes, what is the name of this file?
Alternatively, is there a way of getting more options in "Layout on product page"?
Many Thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.38
Hi Hikashop Support,
I'm trying to edit the layout of a product page. Making changes in CSS isn't enough, as I want to change the structure of these pages. From what I understand, I will need to edit a "Views" PHP file. Is this correct? If yes, what is the name of this file?
Alternatively, is there a way of getting more options in "Layout on product page"?
Many Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 3 days ago #311633
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Where is the "Views" PHP file for editing the product pages?
Hi,
You can edit the view files of HikaShop via the menu Display>Views.
To know which view file is used where, you should activate the "Display view files" setting under the Advanced tab of the HikaShop configuration. You'll see around each view file some dotted line along with the file name and view name corresponding to the area so that you can easily find it in the Display>Views menu.
You'll also see that when you edit the product / show_default.php view file, you'll be able to change its name with an input field and that will create a new layout that you'll be able to select in the "layout on product page" setting.
You can edit the view files of HikaShop via the menu Display>Views.
To know which view file is used where, you should activate the "Display view files" setting under the Advanced tab of the HikaShop configuration. You'll see around each view file some dotted line along with the file name and view name corresponding to the area so that you can easily find it in the Display>Views menu.
You'll also see that when you edit the product / show_default.php view file, you'll be able to change its name with an input field and that will create a new layout that you'll be able to select in the "layout on product page" setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshualdouglas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- joshualdouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 220
- Thank you received: 12
7 years 3 days ago #311648
by joshualdouglas
Replied by joshualdouglas on topic Where is the "Views" PHP file for editing the product pages?
Great reply. Thanks for this!
I'm going to have fun.
I'm going to have fun.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds