- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 2
Braintree Plugin May Need Upgrading?
6 years 6 months ago #317265
by scarney
Braintree Plugin May Need Upgrading? was created by scarney
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.Veggievore.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.14
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
Do you know if we need to update the Braintree plugin to be ready for TLS 1.2?
I received a message from Braintree warning that we are using a legacy SDK version that is not compatible with an upcoming update to their root SSL certificate provider for API traffic on May 1, 2020.
I contacted my hosting company about this and they let me know that "This SDK is integration part that is connecting HikaShop to BrainTree payment gateway. This integrator is named Hikashop BrainTree Payment Plugin and you can find it in Payment Methods in HikaShop settings."
This would be the BRAINTREE PAYMENT GATEWAY FOR HIKASHOP. I checked the Joomla extensions directory and see that their current version is 1.0.1 which is the same version that I am currently using. I did just now upgrade HikaShop to 4.2.3.
Will we be ok now or do we still have a problem?
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.14
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
Do you know if we need to update the Braintree plugin to be ready for TLS 1.2?
I received a message from Braintree warning that we are using a legacy SDK version that is not compatible with an upcoming update to their root SSL certificate provider for API traffic on May 1, 2020.
I contacted my hosting company about this and they let me know that "This SDK is integration part that is connecting HikaShop to BrainTree payment gateway. This integrator is named Hikashop BrainTree Payment Plugin and you can find it in Payment Methods in HikaShop settings."
This would be the BRAINTREE PAYMENT GATEWAY FOR HIKASHOP. I checked the Joomla extensions directory and see that their current version is 1.0.1 which is the same version that I am currently using. I did just now upgrade HikaShop to 4.2.3.
Will we be ok now or do we still have a problem?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317267
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Braintree Plugin May Need Upgrading?
Hi,
We didn't develop that plugin, so I have no idea.
I would recommend to contact the developer of the plugin here:
3by400.com/contact-us
They'll be able to tell you.
We didn't develop that plugin, so I have no idea.
I would recommend to contact the developer of the plugin here:
3by400.com/contact-us
They'll be able to tell you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317316
by scarney
Replied by scarney on topic Braintree Plugin May Need Upgrading?
I messaged them via their contact us page as you suggested. I guess if they don't bring their plugin into compliance then I will just have to turn off Braintree processing for my HikaShop store and use some other solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds