- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's - RESOLVED
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #317426
by nomadd
AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's - RESOLVED was created by nomadd
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3 [2004031657]
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
No new AustPost API's being allocated unless you have an existing eBusiness account and can prove that you are deserving of an API. Whatever that means?
Any other AustPost solution without an API or a workaround I can adopt?
Was thinking of fixed price but could get caught out of pocket as we have some books that are 1kg while the rest are under 500gms
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
No new AustPost API's being allocated unless you have an existing eBusiness account and can prove that you are deserving of an API. Whatever that means?
Any other AustPost solution without an API or a workaround I can adopt?
Was thinking of fixed price but could get caught out of pocket as we have some books that are 1kg while the rest are under 500gms
Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by nomadd.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317433
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's
Hi,
That means that you should contact their merchant support and check with them what you can do to get access to the API.
Also, you can create a manual shipping method with the "shipping price per product" setting activated and enter the price per products for products under 500g and then, in the products that are 1kg, you can enter an additional shipping price for the shipping method for these products.
That means that you should contact their merchant support and check with them what you can do to get access to the API.
Also, you can create a manual shipping method with the "shipping price per product" setting activated and enter the price per products for products under 500g and then, in the products that are 1kg, you can enter an additional shipping price for the shipping method for these products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317448
by nomadd
Replied by nomadd on topic AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's
" That means that you should contact their merchant support and check with them what you can do to get access to the API."
That's who I approached and what I was told.
Business is currently located next door to PO at present, but not for much longer so without an account AustPost won't discuss anything.
As with many things they are blaming COVID.
Typical bureaucracy. :pinch:
Hadn't fully understood the "manual" option so thanks so much for that
Will go digging and see what I can resolve there.
Thanks
That's who I approached and what I was told.
Business is currently located next door to PO at present, but not for much longer so without an account AustPost won't discuss anything.
As with many things they are blaming COVID.
Typical bureaucracy. :pinch:
Hadn't fully understood the "manual" option so thanks so much for that
Will go digging and see what I can resolve there.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317449
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's
Hi,
Oh, I see. They probably can't / don't want to create new accounts during the confinement and only provide support for merchants already using their API.
That's a shame
Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.
Oh, I see. They probably can't / don't want to create new accounts during the confinement and only provide support for merchants already using their API.
That's a shame

Nothing you can do about that I'm afraid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #317581
by nomadd
Replied by nomadd on topic AUSTPOST Not Accepting new API's
In the end it works even better that the alternative.
By using Express Post bags for all orders a flat rate applies, both locally and internationally.
All's well that ends well
By using Express Post bags for all orders a flat rate applies, both locally and internationally.
All's well that ends well
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds