- Posts: 86
- Thank you received: 5
Is it possible to use just shipping address?
6 years 5 months ago #318137
by Giuse
Is it possible to use just shipping address? was created by Giuse
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
Hi, when selling physical goods of course the shipping address must be filled by the customer, and HikaShop will present that form just when a physical good is in the cart.
Now I am asking if that can be the only address, avoiding the use of the billing address: if a user just buys non-physical goods, can he just register name/username/email without entering any address and complete the checkout?
I tried to set in the checkout workflow, in the "Address" step, the Type to "Shipping address" to ask for address just when shipping is required, but an address (I think the billing one) is still asked to the guest user when buying just non physical goods, I expected in this case no address is asked.
Thanks
Giuse
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3
Hi, when selling physical goods of course the shipping address must be filled by the customer, and HikaShop will present that form just when a physical good is in the cart.
Now I am asking if that can be the only address, avoiding the use of the billing address: if a user just buys non-physical goods, can he just register name/username/email without entering any address and complete the checkout?
I tried to set in the checkout workflow, in the "Address" step, the Type to "Shipping address" to ask for address just when shipping is required, but an address (I think the billing one) is still asked to the guest user when buying just non physical goods, I expected in this case no address is asked.
Thanks
Giuse
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 5 months ago #318152
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Is it possible to use just shipping address?
Hi,
If you turn off the "ask address on registration" setting of the "login" view under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration, you won't have the billing address form on the registration form.
And then, since you configured "shipping address" in the "type" setting of your "address" view, your customer will be asked his shipping address on the address view.
In that case, no billing address will be asked during the checkout.
If you turn off the "ask address on registration" setting of the "login" view under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration, you won't have the billing address form on the registration form.
And then, since you configured "shipping address" in the "type" setting of your "address" view, your customer will be asked his shipping address on the address view.
In that case, no billing address will be asked during the checkout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giuse
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds