- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
Is there a plugin for Hikashop to present category product photos as in this exa
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 3 months ago #321732
by conticreative
Is there a plugin for Hikashop to present category product photos as in this exa was created by conticreative
I have a client that asked me if there is a way to present product photos in the Category View (Not product view where that's already sort of possible) as in the example below:
www.lifeisgood.com/men/graphic-tees/?pageID=9
Essentially, it's a simple image substitution as it is already available in the product view via third party plugins, but it works in category view, giving a more immediate feedback to the customer as there is no need to open the product to see a zoomed in version of the T-shirt design.
Below I added a couple of screenshots, but essentially it works by loading a different image in category view as opposed to doing it in Product view.
My client is not interested in displaying the different colors choices, although that would be nice to have too.
Would this be possible at all either with an existing plugin (which I may have missed) or by hiring a programmer willing to implement this feature?
Screenshot of category view:
Here is the same effect in detail
www.lifeisgood.com/men/graphic-tees/?pageID=9
Essentially, it's a simple image substitution as it is already available in the product view via third party plugins, but it works in category view, giving a more immediate feedback to the customer as there is no need to open the product to see a zoomed in version of the T-shirt design.
Below I added a couple of screenshots, but essentially it works by loading a different image in category view as opposed to doing it in Product view.
My client is not interested in displaying the different colors choices, although that would be nice to have too.
Would this be possible at all either with an existing plugin (which I may have missed) or by hiring a programmer willing to implement this feature?
Screenshot of category view:
Here is the same effect in detail
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 3 months ago #321755
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Is there a plugin for Hikashop to present category product photos as in this exa
Hi,
There is no plugin already available to do that. But it's totally possible to have a programmer develop that for you.
It just requires loading all the thumbnails with one or two MySQL queries and a bit of PHP and then a bit of javascript code to do the switching. This will have to be done in the file product / listing_img_title.php via the menu Display>Views.
There is no plugin already available to do that. But it's totally possible to have a programmer develop that for you.
It just requires loading all the thumbnails with one or two MySQL queries and a bit of PHP and then a bit of javascript code to do the switching. This will have to be done in the file product / listing_img_title.php via the menu Display>Views.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- conticreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 7
6 years 3 months ago #321784
by conticreative
Replied by conticreative on topic Is there a plugin for Hikashop to present category product photos as in this exa
Thank you for the reply. You pretty much confirmed what I was already thinking. I already contacted a developer (they already have some image based plugins for Hikashop) but they told me they are too busy to take up extra work.
To me is really important that whatever we do doesn't affect the core of the component, so a plugin seems the best way to go.
Is there a marketplace for Hikashop developers you could recommend? This kind of thing is right at the edge of my abilities and even if I had the skills, I don't have the time (which in my case would be considerable).
Thank you again.
To me is really important that whatever we do doesn't affect the core of the component, so a plugin seems the best way to go.
Is there a marketplace for Hikashop developers you could recommend? This kind of thing is right at the edge of my abilities and even if I had the skills, I don't have the time (which in my case would be considerable).
Thank you again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 2 months ago #321801
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Is there a plugin for Hikashop to present category product photos as in this exa
Hi,
I think a view override, as I proposed, is more adapted to what you want to do.
We have developers available here:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
We can also take on such custom job. If interested, you can use our contact form to request a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
I think a view override, as I proposed, is more adapted to what you want to do.
We have developers available here:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
We can also take on such custom job. If interested, you can use our contact form to request a quote:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: conticreative
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds