- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
Customer email inconsistency
- srtdesigns
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #323534
by srtdesigns
Customer email inconsistency was created by srtdesigns
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various
Hi,
I spent a few hours yesterday changing the email overrides for colour & logo and template for header and footer. The status changes were for create, payment received, confirmed, shipped, refund and cancelled using the "order status notiifcation" email template.
1: The confirmed output does not change the colour even though the preview shows it - see attached files.
2: I did another check this morning and the create template did a completely different colour and logo!! RANDOM
I need consistency not randomness. Please can you advise me if I have missed anything and or how to stop this being random.
Many thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.21
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.21
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : various
Hi,
I spent a few hours yesterday changing the email overrides for colour & logo and template for header and footer. The status changes were for create, payment received, confirmed, shipped, refund and cancelled using the "order status notiifcation" email template.
1: The confirmed output does not change the colour even though the preview shows it - see attached files.
2: I did another check this morning and the create template did a completely different colour and logo!! RANDOM
I need consistency not randomness. Please can you advise me if I have missed anything and or how to stop this being random.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323546
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Customer email inconsistency
Hi,
I think what you're missing is the template.
Each email has a "template" setting where you can select the template to use for the email.
And it's in the template that the colors and areas around the content of the email are defined.
Also, the preview of the email is displayed on your website. And thus the CSS of your website is loaded. But when the email is received by the customer, only the CSS of the email is there. So it's possible to have a difference between the preview and the email received because of that.
I think what you're missing is the template.
Each email has a "template" setting where you can select the template to use for the email.
And it's in the template that the colors and areas around the content of the email are defined.
Also, the preview of the email is displayed on your website. And thus the CSS of your website is loaded. But when the email is received by the customer, only the CSS of the email is there. So it's possible to have a difference between the preview and the email received because of that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds