- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
500 page error when I trigger google products plug-in
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 11 months ago #324622
by smithshop123
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : ccpharmacy.com.au is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Hi,
I've create a google merchant feed read to receive an xml file from /images/google' but on triggering the download it bombs out with a 500 error. Can you take a look?
Let me know if you need access to take a look and I'll PM it.
Thanks,
Ian and Stu
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : ccpharmacy.com.au is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
Hi,
I've create a google merchant feed read to receive an xml file from /images/google' but on triggering the download it bombs out with a 500 error. Can you take a look?
Let me know if you need access to take a look and I'll PM it.
Thanks,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #324650
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 500 page error when I trigger google products plug-in
Hi,
Well, first, a 500 error doesn't help in understanding where the problem comes from so I can't give a precise solution.
I would recommend to check the PHP error log of your hosting. There, a fatal error message corresponding to the 500 HTTP error should be logged with precise information of where the error happened with the file path and line number. That would greatly help understanding what is wrong.
However, I see three main possibilities:
- you have a lot of products and thus too much data to load to generate the XML. In that case, you would have to increase the memory_limit and / or max_execution_time settings of your php.ini so that the process can run without hitting your hosting limits.
- you have a setting of the plugin not configured properly leading to an unforeseen error. For example, I see that you have entered only a price in the "shipping" setting. However, you're supposed to enter something like : FR::Standard:5.00 EUR
With the 2 letter country code and then :: then the name of the shipping method and then the amount. So not respecting that format could result in a fatal error. Similarly, in the "Identifier exists" setting, you need to enter either TRUE or FALSE but you entered "product_code". The rest of your settings looks fine.
- there is a real bug in HikaShop. In that case, the fatal error message from the PHP error log will be crutial to understand what's going on.
Well, first, a 500 error doesn't help in understanding where the problem comes from so I can't give a precise solution.
I would recommend to check the PHP error log of your hosting. There, a fatal error message corresponding to the 500 HTTP error should be logged with precise information of where the error happened with the file path and line number. That would greatly help understanding what is wrong.
However, I see three main possibilities:
- you have a lot of products and thus too much data to load to generate the XML. In that case, you would have to increase the memory_limit and / or max_execution_time settings of your php.ini so that the process can run without hitting your hosting limits.
- you have a setting of the plugin not configured properly leading to an unforeseen error. For example, I see that you have entered only a price in the "shipping" setting. However, you're supposed to enter something like : FR::Standard:5.00 EUR
With the 2 letter country code and then :: then the name of the shipping method and then the amount. So not respecting that format could result in a fatal error. Similarly, in the "Identifier exists" setting, you need to enter either TRUE or FALSE but you entered "product_code". The rest of your settings looks fine.
- there is a real bug in HikaShop. In that case, the fatal error message from the PHP error log will be crutial to understand what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- smithshop123
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 203
- Thank you received: 16
5 years 11 months ago #324699
by smithshop123
Replied by smithshop123 on topic 500 page error when I trigger google products plug-in
Thanks,
it's a bit of a monster Google. I've got a few other 3rd party plugins working with crawling the content (e.g. Google structured data - for Hikashop). I've fixed up the shipping and other suggestions and will fix up the timing out and data limit in my php settings next.
Kind regards,
Ian and Stu
it's a bit of a monster Google. I've got a few other 3rd party plugins working with crawling the content (e.g. Google structured data - for Hikashop). I've fixed up the shipping and other suggestions and will fix up the timing out and data limit in my php settings next.
Kind regards,
Ian and Stu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds