- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 4
Developing a new site on a temporary domain name
- zoe@slink.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
2 years 8 months ago #358345
by zoe@slink.net
Developing a new site on a temporary domain name was created by zoe@slink.net
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.c6183198.myzen.co.uk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
I hope you are well.
I am developing a new site on a temporary domain name.
Is any functionality lost on my dev site because the domain I have registered and licensed (Hika Business) with you, is the live site?
Dev site: www.c6183198.myzen.co.uk/
Live site: www.zoecamper.com/
I am using one subscription.
Thank you
Zoe
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.0
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
I hope you are well.
I am developing a new site on a temporary domain name.
Is any functionality lost on my dev site because the domain I have registered and licensed (Hika Business) with you, is the live site?
Dev site: www.c6183198.myzen.co.uk/
Live site: www.zoecamper.com/
I am using one subscription.
Thank you
Zoe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358350
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Developing a new site on a temporary domain name
Hi,
Yes. The cron service we offer won't work on another domain name than the one linked to your subscription.
So any feature which needs the cron won't work:
- sending of the emails of the waitlist when you restock
- refresh of the currency rates
- out of stock emails
- mass actions with "every minutes", "every days", "every month" or "every year"
- automatic import of CSV file with the HikaShop products update plugin
- automatic generation of the Google products xml feed file
etc
Now, the shop frontend would still work fine without any of these and if it's for a dev site, you probably don't need these features there anyways.
Yes. The cron service we offer won't work on another domain name than the one linked to your subscription.
So any feature which needs the cron won't work:
- sending of the emails of the waitlist when you restock
- refresh of the currency rates
- out of stock emails
- mass actions with "every minutes", "every days", "every month" or "every year"
- automatic import of CSV file with the HikaShop products update plugin
- automatic generation of the Google products xml feed file
etc
Now, the shop frontend would still work fine without any of these and if it's for a dev site, you probably don't need these features there anyways.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- zoe@slink.net
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 4
2 years 8 months ago #358356
by zoe@slink.net
Replied by zoe@slink.net on topic Developing a new site on a temporary domain name
Thanks for that :^). Very good to know and I'll be re-pointing the live domain back to to it before launch.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds