- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Why"Related products" are visible in SUB-category
Now, the case:
I have a "shop" with several nested subcategories.
Like: Root
........Main Shop
............Category#1
................Sub-category#1-1
...................Product#1-1 <-- which is related to "Product#1-2" and "Product#3-1"
...................Product#1-2
...................Product#1-3
................Sub-category#2-1
...................Product#2-1
................Sub-category#3-1
............Category#2
................Sub-category#2-1
................Sub-category#2-2
............Category#3
................Product#3-1
................Product#3-2
................etc...
I have a "menu listing category" so each time I click on a category, the subcategories appear in the "central area" of the page, and so on, until I reach the "Products list" for that particular sub-category.
Now... instead of seeing the "related products" ONLY when I get to that particular product's page, I get the very same list of products TWICE (no matter if they are related or not), each time I watch a sub-category page
For example, when I click on "Sub-category#1-1", the "central area" of the page shows
a. The products that belong to "Sub-category#1-1" (which is perfectly correct)
AND UNDERNEATH (because my "banner" pos happened to be there)
b. the VERY SAME PRODUCTS, shown once again as part of the "related products" module
Now, don't get me wrong, if I click on and reach/view a particular product's page, the related products show Ok (the module filters what needs to filtered and shows what needs to be shown, as related to the currently shown product).
How I (not) made it:
I simply created a new mod_hikashop module, with the following:
Content on product page = "Related products"
Published = YES
Synchronized with currently...= YES
Columns = 3
Question is: how do I fix that or what am I doing wrong ? Because this "related products view" SHOULD only be visible WHEN I REACH that particular product's page, NOT the sub-category listing ... (not to mention it has no point, there is absolutely no relation)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, in the configuration, under the tab Display, you have the option "Modules under the product page" for which you can select modules which will be shown only on product pages. There, you can select your module and, regardless of its published state, it will be displayed under the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I mean the option is indeed there, in the "System -> Configuration -> Display -> Modules under the current page -> Select" but dear, oh dear, it took a looong time to figure out that the settings actually work like in a special way. Normally, if you just take a look at it one may easily think it provides nothing special and that all those settings in the modal popup can be modified using the normal module approach.
This has to be highlighted somehow in the next versions of HikaShop because it's a tricky one, to eliminate the confusion.
And some other noob question:
So, I have that "Related products" module shown BUT the module title does not appear, although it's Enabled. Any other special place I should look upon ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can change the code
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you're probably don't have the same problem.
Please explain your problem with links and/or screenshots so that we can see what you did and tell you how to configure your module properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
latiendademascotas.com/index.php/shop-on...2-accesorios-aquario
If you go to the link above then select the first item, "Kit Aquario de 60 litros" on the detail view it all appears perfectly. The problem only appears in category view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Coudld you provide also an account so that we can see the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
user - Hika
pass - Hika
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ct-form.html#related
You didn't do like explained there in order to setup your related products module, that's why it's displaying under the products listing instead of being only under the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Now when I go to my shop no products are displayed for any category???
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should create a new menu and the associated products listing module will be automatically created by HikaShop.
Then, create a new HikaShop content module for your related products as explained in the documentation.
Note that modules you see are in fact only instances of modules and that you can create new instances in the joomla modules manager, so it's not a problem if you deleted one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I got my main module back.
I followed the instructions in the documentation but when I enter a category, if I have 10 items displayed then the same 10 items are displayed as similar products.
Once I select one item then the display corrects and only those items related are displayed.
So the problem I still have is when browsing items in a category, the same items are repeated as related products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should disable the products related module in the modules manager of Joomla.
Then, in the "Modules under the product page" option of the Display tab of the configuration of HikaShop, you need to enable that related module.
That way, your related module will only display under the product page instead of having it under all the pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm talking about the Display tab in your HikaShop configuration page:
www.hikashop.com/media/doc/config_form_main.png
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can I message you access to my shop to do it for me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Click on it and you will see the option "modules under the product page" with a select button on which you can click to enable your related products module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.