Customer Orders Unpublished Product
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but can't explain it as anything else. Here's what happened.
A couple of days ago I copied an existing product and immediately edited that product to set Published=No and changed other product fields, including the product name and code and saved the product. Since that time, the product has never been published. Today, a new customer registered on the site and somehow ordered that "Unpublished" product! How can that happen?
I have searched all over the front end of the site to see if I could find that product and have not been able to find it. I am still using Hikashop Commercial v1.4.8 with Joomla 1.5.23. Has anyone else seen something like this?
Regards,
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does that product have characteristics/variants ?
Could you ask your customer how he found that product ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The product does have one characteristic with two variants and I do intend to ask the customer how he found it, but haven't had a chance to do that yet.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
if(!$element->product_published){
return;
}
before the line:
$filters=array('a.product_id ='.$product_id,'a.product_related_type=\'options\'','b.product_published=1');
in the file components/com_hikashop/views/products/view.html.php
Maybe the user tried to get to the product page directly by changing the id in the URL...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you change the cid to the proper number you CAN pull up the unpublished article. I was changing the product name in my first test. A person would just have to guess at what the product id should be, but it does work.
Nicolas, will your patch be included in the next update?
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I haven't done any tests other than just changing the id in the URL so don't know if there are any unexpected consequences, but it seems to work.
THANKS!
Ed
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have the same thing happening where an unpublished product is showing on the front end.
Did you want to have a look Nicolas, or should I just delete the product as they are sold out?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Unpublished products can't be displayed by users anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks Nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.