- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
- alphamedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 2 months ago #20268
by alphamedia
Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2 was created by alphamedia
Hi, I appear to be having problems when I add images to products, I would expect the products to be displayed as thumbnails on the product category page - but they dont. The images are only shown in full on the main product section. I have spent about 3 days trying to figure it out and adjust settings, but it doesnt seem to work for me. I have also searched through all of the forums as well. Do you have any ideas?
Here is the site area
rccguk.org/index.php?option=com_hikashop...t=listing&Itemid=248
Here is the site area
rccguk.org/index.php?option=com_hikashop...t=listing&Itemid=248
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20279
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
It's just that you added your images in the description of your products instead of adding them in the "images" area of your products.
If you go to Display->Content modules and edit the module 114 and change the item box layout to "image and description", you should see your images on the listings of products without doing anything else.
If you go to Display->Content modules and edit the module 114 and change the item box layout to "image and description", you should see your images on the listings of products without doing anything else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alphamedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #20376
by alphamedia
Replied by alphamedia on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
Hello again. Thank you so much for your prompt response, this is so kind of you - and no doubt I'll be upgrading to the professional version. However, just one slight other thing. I did all that you have suggested and Images now show up on the Products Listing Page. However, it appears that when I actually go into the product, I get the 2 images listed: 1 in the description (which is what is displayed in the Product Listings) as thumbails, and also the original image - which has been displayed in the "Images" part. Not too sure how this can be altered. I have included some configuration images again. Please find attached images (file attachment) of what I actually mean.
Would be so grateful for your help
Would be so grateful for your help
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by alphamedia.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20407
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
So you need to remove the image from the description of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alphamedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #20438
by alphamedia
Replied by alphamedia on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
Hi, thanks for the response...but if I do that, then the
Image will not be shown as Thumbnail in the Product Listing area. I think
What I think I am trying to achieve is to have a thumbnail image of a product
On a product listing page and then when the user
Clicks on the thumbnail they would then be brought to the full product with
A larger image. I suppose this could be an add on
For a future release?
Image will not be shown as Thumbnail in the Product Listing area. I think
What I think I am trying to achieve is to have a thumbnail image of a product
On a product listing page and then when the user
Clicks on the thumbnail they would then be brought to the full product with
A larger image. I suppose this could be an add on
For a future release?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #20452
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
It seems that the problem is that you turned off the "thumbnails" option of the Files tab of the configuration. Because of that, no thumbnails are displayed on products listings.
If you activate that option, the thumbnail will be displayed on the products lsiting even if you remove the image from the description.
If you activate that option, the thumbnail will be displayed on the products lsiting even if you remove the image from the description.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alphamedia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #20621
by alphamedia
Replied by alphamedia on topic Re: Product thumnails not being generated on 1.5.2
Hello again. I am so grateful for your help. This has now worked and I am very happy with your quick response. You certainly need to knock the other competing product (VM) off the top slot at Joomla.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds